Gta 5

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Might just be me, but anyone else think Rockstar have somehow made a side activity that is only beaten by Wii Tennis? (obviously mean Michael's tennis court). For an unimportant and seemingly unhelpful side part of the game, I just found it really impressive as a tennis sim :)

Oh, yeh, and all the shooting and driving fast is cool too (but mainly the tennis thing...)

amoshi

Gold Level Poster
Guess what arrived today!
I44WW8N[1].jpg
Though I won't get to play till the 15th of May due to exams :(

Spuff

Expert
Might just be me, but anyone else think Rockstar have somehow made a side activity that is only beaten by Wii Tennis? (obviously mean Michael's tennis court). For an unimportant and seemingly unhelpful side part of the game, I just found it really impressive as a tennis sim :)

Oh, yeh, and all the shooting and driving fast is cool too (but mainly the tennis thing...)

On the PS3 I found the tennis really hard. I haven't tried it on the PC yet. I don't think you can play tennis online (I may be wrong) but you can play golf and I wish people would play the golf more often.

LFFPicard

Godlike
On the PS3 I found the tennis really hard. I haven't tried it on the PC yet. I don't think you can play tennis online (I may be wrong) but you can play golf and I wish people would play the golf more often.

Once you hit level7 all that unlocks, until then me and my friend and been doing golf cart races round the course :D

Spuff

Expert
Ordered the game. Should arrive by Wednesday along with Dying Light.

I can't imagine wanting to play another game alongside GTA. If you like GTA like I do it will be your life for some time.
Witcher 3 is going to happen while I'm still GTAing. That may be the rest of the year sorted out for me.

mcatlow

Can anyone help me with frame rates that I should be getting. I have vsync on, msaa on, fxaa off, very high except grass. Long shadows off. 1920x1080. Antialiasing x16, anisotropic filtering off.

I use the nvida experience settings.

When driving in the city I get average 55fps. When raining or going into high density areas drops to 35 to 40fps. In the countryside it can drop to 30fps.

My laptop specs are below, can anyone tell me if the frame rates I am getting is normal? Thanks.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey mcatlow.

I was having the same problem and the only way i could fix it was to do a factory reset on my computer. Now im getting a low of about 58 at times at 1440p resolution

A good way to get your sweet spot is to put all your settings to low/normal and work your way up. I can post my settings later for comparison when i get home if you like.

Spuff

Expert
The settings are like a mini-game in themselves.
I'm still fiddling about with them after 5 days of play. The link I posted previously is very handy in finding out what reducing some settings will do for your fps.
Fps seems very dependent on situations. I can go for stretches at a solid 60fps, but if things get very busy with a variety of stuff there can be a big drop. Unlike in other games that dip below 50 where I notice no visual difference, it is noticeable in GTA. The stretch of road just before the NW town is I find a good way to test the low you will get from settings.
For me I find that with only FXAA there is far too much shimmering of straight lines. Msaa x2 sorts that out by about 80% so I'm now working my settings around having msaa on (maybe turning it off for racing). In Down the Drain I kept msaa on and I got a solid 60 fps all the way. When the next race went through grassy country I went down to 30fps.

Set vsync in NVIDIA control panel and turn the game vsync off. This seems to help.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I think i the FPS drops are most noticeable when you are near buildings with interiors. I seem to drop to about 55 fps around them then up to about 90 when im in them.

I think i had some sort of program eating up resources in the back ground in my case.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
The iFruit app now works with PC.

You get a free upgrade of a Characters Vehicle and you can also reserve your license plate, i just got SmokeDK

You can also train the dog there too and tune your cars from something to do.

App is free on IOS and Android.