Gta 5

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
xlarge_gta5.jpg

so its been announced... with the trailer coming out next week....

discuss. :p

MeveM

Bright Spark
Hope its more like San Andreas where you can customize your character far more. Didn't like Niko at all. No customization and the clothes were rubbish.

Dayve

There was a slight pang of excitement within me when I saw GTA 5 announced. I suspect that pang of excitement came from the fact that I've been enjoying the series since the very first game on the PS1 when I was about 8 years old. Yes, my parents allowed me to play it, despite the 18 sticker and nonstop violence. I enjoyed GTA London as well on the PS1. The whole thing just exploded with GTA 3 though. That game was sheer unmitigated awesomeness, the likes of which the world had never seen. Vice City was good but added little to what was already there, except for great radio music. Then there was San Andreas. It had everything the previous games had, and tons of role-playability too! And new stuff like capture territory from other gangs, use it for peddling class A drugs and defend that territory from other gangs.

Then GTA IV was announced, and there was hype the likes of which the world hadn't seen for a video game for a long time. I bought an Xbox 360 SOLELY for release day. On said release day I picked it up, ran home as fast as my legs could carry me (I actually went home on the bus) and popped it in the Xbox 360.

...8 hours later I was ashamed at myself for falling for the hype. It was a hollow shell of a GTA game with all the extra features and goodness from San Andreas gone, and absolutely nothing to do except follow the extremely short, although entertaining, storyline. 2 days later and in a severe state of disillusionment I gave the console and the game to my sister and that was that.

A new GTA game you say? Wonderful. I'll be sure to play it for free first before I buy it, just to make sure I don't get gipped again.

Flucky

It needs to be more of a GTA game than IV. Removing features such as plane flying etc is a step in the wrong direction. It needs to be more gimmicky as well, GTA IV lost that rediculous-GTA feeling.

Still can't wait to see what it's like!

MeveM

Bright Spark
Am I odd for thinking there was more "fun-factor" in GTA 1 and 2? I didn't enjoy it as much when it went 3D. I find that modern games give you less gameplay, and just sell themselves on graphics and explosions, it's like Michael Bay has bought up all the gaming companies and is now planning for world domination.

Al.Neri

Super Star
It needs to be more of a GTA game than IV. Removing features such as plane flying etc is a step in the wrong direction. It needs to be more gimmicky as well, GTA IV lost that rediculous-GTA feeling.

Still can't wait to see what it's like!

that was my #1 issue with GTA4, too many features were removed and not enough new things were added. I never bought the excuse that planes weren't included because it was really just a single city. maybe there was no need for jets, but single/double propeller planes, there was definitely a cause for those being in. I think overall, rockstar got lazy with GTA4, and that is one of the reasons why I am holding my enthusiasm back for this game.

Dayve

that was my #1 issue with GTA4, too many features were removed and not enough new things were added. I never bought the excuse that planes weren't included because it was really just a single city. maybe there was no need for jets, but single/double propeller planes, there was definitely a cause for those being in. I think overall, rockstar got lazy with GTA4, and that is one of the reasons why I am holding my enthusiasm back for this game.

That's pretty much what I attempted to say in my earlier post, except it took me 2084055 paragraphs to do it and you've done it in a mere 2 lines.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I hated GTA4. It removed everything I liked about the previous renditions. I didn't even like San Andreas that much, but still enjoyed it more than GTA4. How GTA4 got so many perfect scores will always amaze me.

'OH HI IM NIKO IM SO SAD ABOUT KILLING PPL IN BOLIVA. OHWWAIT LETS KILL MOAAAR PEOPLE LOLZZ'

Give me a break. The driving was awful as well, and very frustrating. Every other mission was chasing someone down. YAWN.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Well I have loved all the GTAs bar none. I have played most of them to death and it is sad that the later GTA IV was such a mess on PC; having completed it and the excellent expansions on Xbox 360 it waits sadly in my Steam game library for me to dare to install it. I might still do it as it was such good fun; but the mess they made of the pc engine may ruin it for me; and horror stories from people with monster rigs unable to play it smoothly puts me off slightly. I appreciate I havent tried it myself on the pc where it should look and run the best;and so am holding on to the vague notion that a lot of people are exaggerating, sadly I dont think this is really the case.

I hope they primarily release a version for the pc that can be appreciated for what it is rather than the mess they made of the coding; aside from that Im sure it will be excellent, cant wait! I do feel they dumbed down GTA IV in some ways as mentioned above and things were left out, but it is still an excellent game with engaging characters, gameplay; and for the most part an excellent story. I loved it, and I loved San Andreas too. Sadly playing that on my pc now feels a little too dated; although Grove Street will always have a place in my heart lol.

Please Rockstar, make this game run like it should run on a PC. One look at the Just Cause 2 engine shows what level of detail could be used in this sort of a game with decent performance on most modern systems; they should take a big look at this before this is released and develop a suitable one accordingly. Here's hoping.

Corfate

Author Level
San Andreas was simply the best GTA game in my opinion.. IV is fun, im playing through it at the moment, i don't agree that it was a complete fail, i rather like it :cool: Apparently, GTA5 is San Andreas 2.. And by the graphic's on the number 5, it kind of fits...

Dayve

Oh God if so then I definitely wont be getting it.

I play(ed) GTA to be a Ganster, not a Gansta.

Yeah... it was better working for classy Godfather gangsters like in 3, or a mixture of classy godfather/scumbag Scarface drug dealer gangsters like in Vice City.

Not crack dealing hoodrats who live in squalor and want you to kill cops like in San Andreas, or just general scumbags like in IV. Bring back the Don Corleone gangsters!

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Yeah... it was better working for classy Godfather gangsters like in 3, or a mixture of classy godfather/scumbag Scarface drug dealer gangsters like in Vice City.

Not crack dealing hoodrats who live in squalor and want you to kill cops like in San Andreas, or just general scumbags like in IV. Bring back the Don Corleone gangsters!

Exactly. Vice City had the perfect combination of humour and Scarface, which is exactly what you want from a GTA game. I don't want to my main save point to be a little shed in the hood, and I certainly don't want my main protagonist to be a humourless Bolivian (or whatever Niko was supposed to be...).

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
The whole point of GTA 4 was that it was meant to be starting at the bottom as a nobody and working your way up, it did a brilliant job of this imo. Ive loved all GTA's but to me if you just wanna play godfather style game, why not play um godfather? lol, or even Mafia and Mafia 2 which are amazing.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
The whole point of GTA 4 was that it was meant to be starting at the bottom as a nobody and working your way up, it did a brilliant job of this imo. Ive loved all GTA's but to me if you just wanna play godfather style game, why not play um godfather? lol, or even Mafia and Mafia 2 which are amazing.

All of the GTA games have you starting off at the bottom. Sure GTA did what it wanted to do well, but it just didn't gel with me as a game. Having people constantly calling to go bowling didn't help.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
All of the GTA games have you starting off at the bottom. Sure GTA did what it wanted to do well, but it just didn't gel with me as a game. Having people constantly calling to go bowling didn't help.

Lol yeah the whole getting to be friends with people wasnt great I must admit, but I quite enjoyed the rest of the game. Ive always been a fan of GTA but cant say ive ever been a fanatic, some games I would be annoyed if they changed are things liek Myst (which did become crap on the last one imo) and Prey (new one doesnt look as good as first).