Gta 5

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Mine is sill "Unpacking" :( So much for preloading (don't start me on why we had to wait til midnight in the first place! April 13th my rear end!)

Spuff

Expert
Currently installing, very slowly from disk. 18 minutes on first disk so far.
Nice package and I have big map. One side whole map, the other close up on city.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Just ordered the 1440P 144hz Asus monitor, not going to play it till i get it tomorrow.

Or maybe I should for comparison purposes against a Samsung 1080 60hz monitor.

Did anyone transfer their saves across or just start afresh?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Just ordered the 1440P 144hz Asus monitor, not going to play it till i get it tomorrow.

Or maybe I should for comparison purposes against a Samsung 1080 60hz monitor.

Did anyone transfer their saves across or just start afresh?

Which model is that? I was looking at the new Acer Freesync one that's 1440p/144hz.

Also add me on rockstar social club: Wozza365

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Will do Wozza, we need to get a Crew going, get some heists on the go.

Went for Asus ROG Swift PG278Q think its the same but its GSync instead of Freesync.

Think mine is SmokeDarKnight, ill check when i get home tonight.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Anyone know it the iFruit app on IOS and Android works with the PC version?

EDIT: Just checked at the answer is no

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I am already in a crew with some friends. I don't know if I can be in multiple crews. But yes, would love to play with everyone.

I'm sure the iFruit app will be updated.

Tom DWC

How intrusive is social club - always online?

Hearing nothing but good things about the port aside from a few bugs, will probably pick it up this weekend.

Spuff

Expert
I am already in a crew with some friends. I don't know if I can be in multiple crews. But yes, would love to play with everyone.

You can be in multiple crews. The maximum is five. You can only have one crew active at a time so any crew stats you accrue will only count towards the active crew. But you can freely switch between the crews you are a member of, and any money or experience you earn will stay with your character.

The crews are managed within Rockstar Social Club. You can see all your crew stats there and manage your crew memberships. Social club does not intrude into the game, you just have game relevant options in the game.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

GTAV PC is not a port. It was built alongside the other versions.

I'd be up for arranging to join together for heists.
I am Safetytrousers.
(if you're wondering I still have played on the PC yet, I had to come out after the 5th disk)

Last edited:

Tom DWC

Okay cheers, I'll be getting it on Steam, I spose if social club is being used to manage the online stuff then that's not so bad.

Anything that comes out 18 months after the console release is a port to me, even if it is a very well optimised one. :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I think I've had more than my fair share of bugs even before it was released. I bought it yesterday and preloaded throughout the day then randomly it just stopped being able to connect to the servers. I had to delete all the files and redownload them for it to download again. Which took quite a while this morning after I gave up playing last night as it wouldn't have ben til 4am that it would have downloaded. Then I've had a lot of issues with the refresh rate. Everytime the game loads, it loads at 50Hz which causes some awful rapid shaking of the screen up and down by one pixel. I have to change to 59Hz everytime I load the game. Other than that and some definite mouse acceleration, its not a bad port.

Tom DWC

Yeah there do seem to be some issues, nothing major they can't patch though.

I was gonna wait for TB's WTF Is and Port Report then buy it this weekend but having seen some benchmarks now I'm happy, could wait no longer. Shall report on 1440p performance.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I think im having an issue, im not 100% sure.

Playing the game on 4K 1440 or 1080 always gives me the same results of between 50 - 60 fps.

Thought my rig would sail past 60 with 2 GTX 980's

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Okey doke... amazon download didn't work using rockstar launcher. Hung and crashed, hung and crashed all day long. Got an amazon refund at about 6pm this evening. Now bought it on steam and downloading. Starts off downloading at 6MB/s then is down to 10KB/s when I come back 5 minutes later to check on it. This is the most painfully annoying game install I've ever encountered... have got to babysit steam all the way through closing and restarting to get it back to any sort of sensible download speed.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Okey doke... amazon download didn't work using rockstar launcher. Hung and crashed, hung and crashed all day long. Got an amazon refund at about 6pm this evening. Now bought it on steam and downloading. Starts off downloading at 6MB/s then is down to 10KB/s when I come back 5 minutes later to check on it. This is the most painfully annoying game install I've ever encountered... have got to babysit steam all the way through closing and restarting to get it back to any sort of sensible download speed.

I had a lot of issues with the rockstar downloader. Having to restart download entirely after I'd downloaded 50GB.

Spuff

Expert
I had a lot of issues with the rockstar downloader. Having to restart download entirely after I'd downloaded 50GB.

Very similar with me. I installed the 7 DVDs but I still then had to download the last 10GB. I did (slowly) and when it finished no message happened except an option to restart. Having restarted the download is now 353MB. I presume there is more than one download and the restart message is a mistake caused by a lack of a message wording the need for another download.
Hurrah! After the 353MB the install is happening. I now have a Ready to Play message!

Last edited: