Gta 5

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Didn't expect it to be released this month, they were too quiet about it. Specs are fairly reasonable apart from the hard drive space, I only have 100GB left on my 2TB gaming drive :(

Not sure if I'm looking too far into it but some games often list Steam account as a requirement, and I did read some rumours it would not use Steam. I really hope they don't choose this game to try and force Social Club on everyone :(

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Social Club...was that the thing Max Payne 3 had attached to it? That was awful!

GTA4 had it attached as well and although less intrusive than say Uplay or Origin, it is rather annoying having another DRM to slow things down and another password that I have to reset every time I want to play just one game

amoshi

Gold Level Poster
GTA4 had it attached as well and although less intrusive than say Uplay or Origin, it is rather annoying having another DRM to slow things down and another password that I have to reset every time I want to play just one game

Bad news.
Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network;
internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification;

from
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...w-release-date-first-screens-and-system-specs

Yamikotai

Expert
Looking at the screenshots I feel a bit "Meh."

But then I guess the game is pretty huge!

On a strict technical definition, the graphics aren't super good, but in a similar case to Skyrim the simulation/environment/art style is pretty damn great so you tend not to notice technical details.

Tom DWC

As long as the delay is to make sure the port is decent then it's fine with me, wish more publishers would do it rather than releasing stuff unfinished.

Apparently the team who ported Max Payne 3 are working on it which is a good sign cause that was a fantastically well optimized port. And the system requirements (on paper at least) suggest this could well be too.

Hopefully Rockstar have learned from GTA IV and will actually put out a decent port. At the time of release no GTA port has ever been all that great. They were all ported far faster in comparison.

Rockstar Social Club being bundled AGAIN is not cool though. I seem to remember they eventually patched the requirement out of IV, and are now making it mandatory again with V? That logic. :D

Spuff

Expert
When it is now clear Rockstar guessed at the March 24th date, why do they think it will now be ready for April 14th? If they know what needs to be done between March 24th and April 14th why don't they just get more people in to do it so they keep to March 24th? I think they should call these aspiration dates.

Last edited:

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
When it is now clear Rockstar guessed at the March 24th date, why do they think it will now be ready for April 14th? If they know what needs to be done between March 24th and April 14th why don't they just get more people in to do it so they keep to March 24th? I think they should call these aspiration dates.

True, I can't see how such a small change will make a difference? Bet it gets delayed again.
But to be honest, I'm having that much fun still playing it on the Xbox ONE (originally played on the 360). I can wait longer, as once it comes out on PC, it'll begin the fun again sort of thing...

I'm worried my laptop won't be able to handle it at decent settings though, what do you think? Shall I send it back to PCS for some upgrades :p

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
True, I can't see how such a small change will make a difference? Bet it gets delayed again.
But to be honest, I'm having that much fun still playing it on the Xbox ONE (originally played on the 360). I can wait longer, as once it comes out on PC, it'll begin the fun again sort of thing...

I'm worried my laptop won't be able to handle it at decent settings though, what do you think? Shall I send it back to PCS for some upgrades :p

In the games industry a few weeks can mean very little or a lot. At this point a few weeks can mean 100s of bug fixes, tweaks, optimizations etc. with such a big studio behind it.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED

Yours better handle it because I'm assuming mine will!

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
In the games industry a few weeks can mean very little or a lot. At this point a few weeks can mean 100s of bug fixes, tweaks, optimizations etc. with such a big studio behind it.

Fair enough! Here's hoping most bugs are ironed out, as even the console versions are still plagued with bugs and glitches. I still spend far too much time playing though.

Yours better handle it because I'm assuming mine will!

Haha. I just want an excuse to upgrade. I'd like to be able to run it on high settings.

Spuff

Expert
Looks likely that it really will be released on the 14th:
'Look for the official GTAV PC trailer next week - and also, if you plan on getting the digital download version, make sure to pre-order by next week Tuesday March 31st to get $1.5 million in in-game bonus money to spend' (27/03/15)
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52408/screens-from-grand-theft-auto-v-for-pc

12_gtavpc_03272015.jpg

If you want to know far away the 14th is:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150414T00&p0=136&msg=GTA