Ios 5.0.1

Corfate

Author Level
Apple has released an update to the software to try and resolve the battery problems. My battery life is horrible at the moment.. :( Currently downloading it, so i'll let you know how i get on :)

Corfate

Author Level
Welcome :)

It's odd, some people have the problem, some don't.. :l It seems to be across the 4 and the 4S. My battery won't last a day now, whereas it used to last 3 at a push :(

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Cant say ive had a problem on my 4 either, but will update anyway later :), although may have to put it on hold cus skyrim is mroe important lol

mishra

Rising Star
Iphone? 3 days? lul wut!? Never had one last more than a day really

Really, my last happily 2 days - mind you I do not have facebook, twitter or any other **** that most people do. I also do not use any of the iCloud features anyway, even my mail is not on push atm ^^

Gorman

Author Level
Really, my last happily 2 days - mind you I do not have facebook, twitter or any other **** that most people do. I also do not use any of the iCloud features anyway, even my mail is not on push atm ^^

Im sure if i left it on standyby in my pocket not used it would last a lot longer too. /facepalm

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Im sure if i left it on standyby in my pocket not used it would last a lot longer too. /facepalm

lol yeah, Im constantly on mine, whether its checking train times, maps, emails etc, actually not sure what id do without it lol.

Corfate

Author Level
My battery life has improved in standby, not so sure about in-use time.. Had about 8 hours use last night, 2 days 30 mins standby.. Then i had to charge it, as it was at 17% and wouldn't last me today ;)

Tracker

Enthusiast
i always get mophie cases with my phones (well, ok so i've only had two, the 3gs / 4s). so i can charge up on the go which is always useful in emergencies.

Recently i reset my phone, instaleld the 5.01 update, disabled notification centre completely, and setting the clock by location (in general menu) as well as disabling alot of notifications bluetooth mail fetching (set to manual), brightness up, set Siri's "raise to talk" option OFF, have only a few apps on it, and i've gone days on standby and it's still at 47% with little use, far better than when i first got it and i had to charge it every other day (so with the mophies battery that'd be once a day of battery use).

people with battery problems, have you tried disabling all the notification centre bits? or hold to talk for Siri? as those to me would seem like the worst culprits, notification centre is constantly building up its "list" from all the different sources, and the weather/stocks widgets would be quierying over the data connection constantly, meanwhile siris raise to talk feature must drive the acceleratometor(Sp?) mad for battery use too.

iFantasyX

I've updated my phone & can't really notice any differences; It's still on & off. E.g. I'd have one day with good battery then the next day I'd have it last like 8 hours ¬_¬ Sad times; it's actually depressing.