Silent PC Help

PeacePC

Hi, I'm after a silent pc, or something very very quiet. In addition, I want something compact, i.e. mini pc, but with some power. Does anyone know how silent the PCS Hush! Silent Mini-ITX Case + 60W PSU is? I would look to add the following to the build,

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5-2500T Quad Core (2.3GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8H61-I: Mini-ITX, LG1155, USB 3.0, SATA 3GBs
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 + VGA OUT
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 160GB INTEL® 320 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 270MB/sR | 165MB/sW)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities WIRELESS-N (150Mbps) 3dBi HIGH GAIN USB ADAPTER
USB Options 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD

Cheers

Corfate

Author Level
the PCS hush! is totally silent. What are your intended uses, you mention 'power' but what for? :)

PeacePC

Thanks for the reply Corfate,

I'm not planning to use it for gaming so not that powerful but want to use it for database/website development so would like it to cope with having a number of applications open. I was tempted to go for a standard hard drive but they can be quite noisy I guess even with a silent case? If I get the SSD just for software etc and use external hard drive for things like music and pictures. The only trouble with the SSD is that it's more expensive : ( but I would like to have a silent system

PeacePC

Hi Corfate, do you think my spec is powerful enough to cope with a lot of database/website development etc and will be silent? SSD or standard HD ? Appreciate your feedback

oli090

Enthusiast
im not a expert but a i5 with 8gb ram will be able to handle alot of programs at once. Tabs aswell if you want that? and a SSD is alot quiter than a HDD and alot faster. External would be a good option for pics and vids as it wont be accessed so much. Only problem is the cost :/ SSDs arent cheap.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Hi Corfate, do you think my spec is powerful enough to cope with a lot of database/website development etc and will be silent? SSD or standard HD ? Appreciate your feedback

It should be fine for that.

An SSD will be a lot faster than a normal HDD but it's quite a lot of money aswell. If you choose the Hush and an SSD then your pc will be lightning-fast and silent.