New Patch

NMEBowen

Master Poster
Installed the new bf3 patch earlier my pc went nuts apparently theres alot of viruses in it had to turn off my active protection to run the installer anyone else have this issue??

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
there have been mistakes before, ive seen AVG reply multiple times about problems like these, it was with a adobe flash last time i saw it, obviously sorted now though

NMEBowen

Master Poster
Apparently its due to dice using a well known virus name as one of their patching file names :stupid: oh well its all sorted now.

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
I well and truly believe it was the update that screwed up my game here... I have no UI, I cant see my menu, I cant play campaign or multiplayer. When the game is loading it's just a black screen... after a while I can hear the game playing but cant see anything

I have contacted support and they have escalated the issue, I have uninstalled the game and re-installed it. I have repaired it, I even went as far as system restore and nothing will work

Figure maybe one of you guys have an idea

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I well and truly believe it was the update that screwed up my game here... I have no UI, I cant see my menu, I cant play campaign or multiplayer. When the game is loading it's just a black screen... after a while I can hear the game playing but cant see anything

I have contacted support and they have escalated the issue, I have uninstalled the game and re-installed it. I have repaired it, I even went as far as system restore and nothing will work

Figure maybe one of you guys have an idea

oh eek dude, I'd whack this problem in tech support or start a new thread in the gaming forums, more will read it there.

Also post on the bf3 battlelog forums, you may get a response on there or need a bump every now and then but someone else may be having the same problem.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Not had any problems with the game since the update (few new things to notice like the end of round scores at the bottom etc).

But yeh tom, I didnt see any reports last night, even though I could clearly see my score had gone up...bit odd :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
But yeh tom, I didnt see any reports last night, even though I could clearly see my score had gone up...bit odd :)

yea theres a few things odd, in the patch they nave put the damage on the scar and the g3 down? What's all that about? I noticed they didn't change the fact the IRNV is pretty much a cheat, lol

Whts the best way to exit a game? when the scores pop up at the end of the round? or when the beginning of the next game?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I tend to wait til the start of the next round...but actually mainly just wait to get disconnected as I do every 2 or 3 rounds :( Still can't explain it.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
you are not the only one who gets disconnected, EA servers are awful for me, any game, NFS, fifa, bf MoH

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
Well I've narrowed down my issue to the language/patch data, See I bought my game on Direct2Play for £18 but its a russian version... Me not speaking russian I need to change the language.

When I launch the game without having changed the language, the game works fine... just in Russian -.- The minute I switch it over to english the game stops working