New Courier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We are pleased to announce that we have now oficially changed couriers to DPD.

After considering all other couriers on the market we chose DPD for their excellent track record of delivering parcels on time, and also because DPD are currently the only company that provides a 1 hour estimated delivery time window. All orders shipped from Monday 28th November will now be shipped with DPD. Any order dispatched prior to this has been shipped with Yodel or DHL.

dpd1.jpg

dpd2.jpg

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think we all know that there will be no more and no less problems, because its rarely the actual company at fault, but the individual driver or depot worker :)

That being said, its always nice to change things up a bit...and at least DPD don't have garish vans :D

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I think we all know that there will be no more and no less problems, because its rarely the actual company at fault, but the individual driver or depot worker :)

That being said, its always nice to change things up a bit...and at least DPD don't have garish vans :D

People suck, that's life. :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
DPD are miles better thn yodel. I like them, when i ordered my trittons 8pm on evening on amazon was dispatched the next morning and delivered the same day, they even text saying what time they would be here.
edit - i did pay extra tho.

plus DPD is a better name than YODEL.lol

good choice pcs.

Mr.E

I think the 1-hour delivery window is a huge plus for DPD. It's difficult enough to watch your PC go from stage to stage and knowing that your PC will be delivered between X and Y would certainly make planning to be home considerably easier.

PokerFace

Banned
Hopefully the deliveries will be better... It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

(Sudden thought) Damn! I need to get a life!!! :hang:

pausch

Awaiting Dispatch

Well my order is now Awaiting Dispatch. Fingers crossed I will be back on tomorrow to give some good feedback about DPD!!!

pausch

Just got an SMS to say my PC will arrive between 12:21 and 13:21 today....... counting down the minutes now

pausch

Let us know if it arrives within the specified time...

Spot on! Despite deing ultra disappointed when my doorbell rang at 12:23 only to find it wasn't them, they turned up well within the timeslot at 12:47.

Delivery driver courteous but in a rush (no different from what I'd expect) and the packaging was in immaculate condition. Can't really ask for any more?

TravelSite

Here is my feedback:

My PC was supposed to come yesterday but didn't - I continually monitored the DPD website (every 10minutes or so!) throughout the day - however the status remained in "At Delivery Depot" the whole time and nothing came. At about 14:44pm the status changed to "We were unable to deliver your parcel and are awaiting further information from the sender".

I called PCS who kindly gave me a number to call DPD. The person I spoke to couldn't tell me why the status had changed to this, or why it had been listed as a "swap" (she said its possible that PCS do lots of "swaps" hence an error may have been made somewhere). I didn't actually get an answer as to whether they had put it on a van at some point or not - the person didn't seem to have this info at hand.

Despite no explanation I was still happy though as the person on the phone was polite and helpful - and told me that she would arrange for it to be delivered today as a priority, having it delivered before noon. There was also some stormy weather in Glasgow yesterday which may or may not have made a difference (I had other parcels delivered yesterday by other delivery companies and most people still drove, though it was windy) and I apprecaite that things can sometimes go wrong for various reasons. Therefore I wasn't annoyed in any way at this point.

This morning at 9:26 I got a text message giving me the "estimated" time of delivery (the first such message I've had from them). This shows 17:59-18:59.

Obviously this isn't before noon.

I therefore called DPD again on the number given yesterday. It rang for a few seconds, then a person picked up and said "Jim" and - when realising I wasn't "Jim" (I assume she had another call on hold) - promptly hung up on me.

I was obviously annoyed at this and complained about it when I called back a few moments later. I explained to the person who I spoke to that I was told the parcel would get delivered by noon. She said that she would contact the local depot and put me on hold. This seemed quite good - the person was taking some action. I wanted to know (for sure) what the time the package would come and IF it would definately would come today, and if possible wouldn't mind an explanation as to why the noon delivery date was out the window.

She came back to me a few moments later to say that all the phone lines for the local depot were busy hence she couldn't get in touch with them and suggested I phone this number back at a later point to try again. I asked to speak to a manager but she said that they would just say the same thing (though she commicated everything in a polite way).

I'm therefore sitting here hoping that the my PC will arrive between 6pm-7pm this evening, but without really being sure of it. E.g. I'm partly also wondering whether it could still come before 12, or not at all.

Overall therefore I'm not impressed with the service so far: the pc wasn't delivered when it was meant to, no explanation was given, I had to do all the leg work myself to get them to resend it (as their website told me to "Contact the Sender" - had I not checked their site, I wouldn't even have known this), a second delivery time seems to have been abandoned, I was hung up on, and their call centre can't tell me what happened and can't actually confirm the time/day as they themselves can't get hold of the depot (though the person I spoke to believes the package is on a delivery van somewhere).

The plus side would be that the DPD helpline number provided by PCS always gets answered straight away (note the number doesn't appear on the tracking link page) and their call centre staff do seem to try to do their best to help out.

If the PC comes today (at whatever time) I'll be content - if however it fails to be delivered then I'm going to be really annoyed, both due to the inconvenience of having to stay in the house for two solid days and obviously as it is something that I'd prefer to be loaded/unloaded as few times as is possible.

TravelSite

An update to the above post - the PC arrived bang on the updated time at 17:59.

He acknowledged (without any prompt for me) that it was originally suppossed to be a noon delivery, but that they were (essentially) catching up on everything (presumably due to the gales yesterday) and was very helpful and polite.

I'm therefore very satisfied with DPD and the service provided :)

Status
Not open for further replies.