Direct X DLL Issues

Pacopene

Hi,

I recently got the EnigmaIII laptop. I have since installed and tried to run Skyrim, Assassins Creed Rev, The Witcher 2 and even Civ 5.

The problem i have is that every time i try to launch the games i get either d3dx9_39.dll, d3dx9_41.dll or d3dx9_42.dll is either not designed to run with windows.....

I have updated DirectX via MS website, my graphics card via Nvidia website and checked my dxdiag which says everything is ok.

I googled and saw a lot of people have this issue with Win7 64-bit and I was wondering if anyone can give me a success story of how they solved this issue.

Gorman

Author Level
DX is a set of libraries, the latest version does not mean it contains everything needed. Usually there is a dx setup file contained on the disc that is included with the game that may contain the missing files.

Pacopene

ok, seems that i've found a way around the issue. i just modify the file name in system32 and syswow64 and then re-run the directx installer. it puts new versions of the name-changed dll files into the folders and these seem to run properly.

now to reinstall all the games i deleted in a pique... :)