AMD Radeon HD 7970

Psynocide

Would anyone happen to know the release date? I heard it was the 9th this month.
Also, are PCS likely to stock it?

Xoil

It went on sale today.. any eta from PCS on them and at what price?

Last edited:

Xoil

OcUK have began to add them to their store in standard and watercooled editions.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry - they will be on our website on Monday when they're launched. But not a moment before.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It's now available to order on our configurators and our prices are reasonable compared to the prices that other models are being sold at. :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
having a read now, i notice they are using 1.5gb 580s not 3gb models.

A little bias comparing two 3gb 7970's against two 1.5gb 580's

edit - Not really a fair test. Especially as they are testing with mulitiple monitors with stupidly high resolutions. Clearly 3gb 580's would offer a better fight, seems to me like they want the 7970 to be the best.

Bias tests in my opinion

Umm why? Unless the 580 runs out of memory then the test is fair, youd tell fi it ran out of memory, the fps would drop of completely.

A5ko

Hi,

I understand you will have limited supply. Can you please tell me whether these will be more readily available come Feb? I am looking into having one in the PC I intend to buy.

I also note you can't seem to Crossfire these cards. Is this a mobo constraint or simply for ordering purposes?

Thanks,