Spam texts

Corfate

Author Level
I keep getting spam texts, so somewhere down the line, i think some business has sold my details?

Does anybody know any way of stopping this? When i do get the spam, i do reply to it 'STOP'. However, i want it to end completely, as it's bloody annoying! :(

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
funny-date-girl-guy-true-story-meme.jpg

Corfate

Author Level
Just don't text back saying "stop", then they know your number is active.

i'd change ya number.

But won't they keep texting me if i don't text back saying STOP? :p

Also, changing my number is out of the question, too much hassle :p

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
theyre probably less likley to text you again if you dont text STOP. By texting stop, as tom says, lets them know the number is active. Often they just randomly try numbers till someone replies.

If you're out fishing and you stick your line in, the only reason you know fish are there is cus they bite back, if they ignore the line (which they dont) then you would eventually move on thinking there are no fish. :)

PokerFace

Banned
I also heard that sometimes texting STOP to some dodgy companies can cost you a fortune. Don't know if it's true, but I would just ignore the messages.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
If you're out fishing and you stick your line in, the only reason you know fish are there is cus they bite back, if they ignore the line (which they dont) then you would eventually move on thinking there are no fish. :)

That is an excellent analogy... anyway have they stopped now/you sorted it?