Extra fan

Corfate

Author Level
Above the power buttons there is a single 3.5" bay :) Did you order a memory card reader with your pc?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
either that or a bay converter what type of fan controller are you looking for? simple like the one suggested or something snazzy with a lcd screen we may be able to suggest some.

rosgor

Bronze Level Poster
Last edited:

rosgor

Bronze Level Poster
Meh, ill just stick to the simple one.

6401b44629bc46ad992e9f1.png

Would that all work together?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'd spend the 25quid on a full slot fan controller, just because it would look better and be able to control more than three fans, bit more future proof, and you get more for ya money.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
aerocool has its modern V lcd fan controller looks cool expecially for just over £20 it only controlls 4 fans but you can set it up to run automatically and the lcd is a nice touch but it does take up 2x 5.25" bays but if you have them spare it wouldnt be a problem.

Corfate

Author Level
I'd go for a 5.25" fan controller, simply because i wouldn't like the look of having to put in a 3.5" bay adapter

truegrace

Enthusiast
I was gonna get the sentry 2 from pcs for 50 notes but am tempted to buy http://www.scan.co.uk/products/akasa-fcsix-brushed-ali-panel-for-control-6-fans-3pin-4pin-compatible or similar and just buy 2 more case fans meself. The auto mode on the sentry would be nice though, but have read the sticky stuff that comes with it is rubbish so would need to cable tie the sensors or something to keep them in place.
Would be nice to not have to go messing around in me case as soon as it gets delivered though, and would only be slightly cheaper to buy a controller and 2 fans from amazon or scan

tom_gr7

Life Serving
good choice of fan controller! looks pretty slick, I don't really see the need for sensors to be honest, I don't have them and never have felt the need.

So i'd go for that controller, what extra case fans are you thinking of?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I was going to suggest the same fans! personally i'd always opt for two good 120mm fans over one basic 200mm fan.

Ace choice, though, pretty quiet and shifts a good amount of air for the price.

What case you got? the cm690II?

truegrace

Enthusiast
Will have yeah, ordering on wednesday. Will do some reading this week cause wouldnt mind ordering the controller and fans before I get the rig so dont have to mess about twice with installing bits.

And the blue of the controller and fans will go all nice with the case :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah they will, here's the link to the coolmaster site where you can find more info!

lol I'd fill every slot with sickleflows!