Ati 7950

Xoil

Anyone seen these cards? They were released today and they looks pretty good, plus its not the default coolers on em :)

Last edited by a moderator:

heza121

Silver Level Poster
Just been reading a load of reviews. It looks like its a pretty beast of a graphics card! And not too expensive considering its performance, at around the £350 mark, which is near enough the same as the GTX 580! :D

Xoil

7970 is quite overkill for games at the moment, the 7950 is epic :D especially the MSI twin frozer

Atuleon

Gold Level Poster
7950 looks like the best bang for your buck in that price range. I think the 580 does beat the 7950 in a few benchmarks, but vice versa is true. It's a hard call to make, but I will be getting the 7950 due to the cheaper price. Aparently I will be missing something called PhysicX on the geforce cards though, but I still need to research what this actually does.

Have a look at the benchmarks yourself, you may be able to the score against the particular games you will be wanting to play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57cuLC9zLw

"star" me if this was helpfull ;)

Buzz

Master
7950 looks like the best bang for your buck in that price range. I think the 580 does beat the 7950 in a few benchmarks, but vice versa is true. It's a hard call to make, but I will be getting the 7950 due to the cheaper price. Aparently I will be missing something called PhysicX on the geforce cards though, but I still need to research what this actually does.

Have a look at the benchmarks yourself, you may be able to the score against the particular games you will be wanting to play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57cuLC9zLw

"star" me if this was helpfull ;)

Very hard to compare on benchmarks though because they are not like for like cards. some are different size ram for start, plus the computer system ram depending on size can take over some of the graphics usage. It would totally depend on the rest of the machine the GPU is in. I have the GTX 560TI 2Gig and know for fact I get better FPS then what is shown in that video.

Physicx is in a way kinda like DirectX. It adds better quality look overall. Like in Crysis it would be used a lot. Bits of debris or smoke in the background for small example would benefit from this.