The different stages of production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeplini

Pre-production seems to be the stage the pc spends most its time, whats the ETA on delivery once it gets beyond this point?

Sorry missed you there, once the system enters building and everything is in stock you are looking at 2/3 days as long as it passes QC

LDUK

Master Poster
Yes mine has been in pre-production since last Monday/Tuesday or something :confused:

what stage is yours at?

Same stage mate. I think yours and mine will be in the same boat, since it counts on "working days" and your first working day was a monday too.

Clayborne

Does the 'In Testing' phase also encompass the Quality Control?

I ask because my order entered testing on the 12th (ordered on the 1st), and the email said it normally takes less than 24 hours, yet it's still In Testing. I noticed the 'order stages' written in pink at the top of the Orders page goes straight from Testing to Dispatch, so I wondered if Quality Control also fell under Testing, because it would be annoying if it suddenly changed to 'In Quality Control' and I had to wait another 2-3 days.

Should I have received an email if something went wrong during the Testing stage?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
No - your order will move through to QC after testing. Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately the motherboard we installed in your computer did not pass our checks (the 6GB/s SATA ports were faulty) so we've had to install a new one for you. Better we find it than you though :)

Sweeney47

if you check your order on the PCS website you should be able to see notes for your order (under the full quote) such as who tested it etc. This will give you a rough guess at what stage you are at. Also bare in mind that they do not work on sat and sun (production anyway) so although it started on the 12th it would have finished on the 13th (if it didnt need more) and probably didnt get progressed to QC until today/tomorrow

Clayborne

No - your order will move through to QC after testing. Sorry for the delay, but unfortunately the motherboard we installed in your computer did not pass our checks (the 6GB/s SATA ports were faulty) so we've had to install a new one for you. Better we find it than you though :)

Ok, I figured it was something like that. I just thought I would have been notified.

Anyway thanks for the info : )

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It's a fair point, we will look into a method of showing this on the order tracking page of our website.

Clayborne

Yeah, during building there was a slight delay on getting the HD, and that was listed when I clicked 'show' on the tracking page, and I also received an email about it. I guess I asked about the Testing thing because you guys had been so good at keeping me updated about other things.

Thanks for your time.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
status_guide.png

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Maybe under order dispatched, (Time: Normally 1 working day)? Or would that confuse Saturday deliveries? :) Nice and simple flow diagram though.

Razzy

So pre production is not really going to be <1week as mine has been sitting there for 9 working days :(
(I'm just really impietent and want my new comp lol)

FacetiousPizza

Silver Level Poster
You may want to add something under the Quality Control section, just to let people know that it is not uncommon for an overclocked build to fail QC a couple of times before getting a stable overclock. Found that out today when asking why I had been in QC since 09/05/2011 :D

Sprinter

Hello. New to this having just ordered (469506) and see that most 'niggles' posted on forum relate to time between ordering and receiving. Your main reason for delays appears to be unavailability of stock. With this in mind would it not be possible to have some sort of 'real time' availability or system of immediately notifying a customer that parts are OOS and not available for xdays/weeks? (rather than being told several days/weeks into the flowchart?) We could then either re-spec or resign ourselves to the delay.
Please shoot me down in flames and tell me all my bits are on the shelf..........................

1127 Wed 20-06-12 Apologies, just seen the date this thread started and also found the lengthy discussion re improvements. Hush my mouth!

Last edited:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Mine was in pre-production for ten working days, it arrived on the 13th.

It's always good to keep in mind PCS must receive a hell of a lot of orders so we all go to the back of the queue, unless you want to pay for fast track of course.

robnew

Bronze Level Poster
Processing right now, lets hope the bank clears it tomorrow (Debit C ard). Went for fast track, this is gonna be an exciting week

Status
Not open for further replies.