Cannot access ext HDD

deabur

Hi All,

I wondered if you could help???

Ive connected my Lacie Quadra to my Optimus with an Esata cable... The laptop recognises the Ext HDD (its in 'devices') but I just cannot access it???

Any help

Dean

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Is this a new external drive or does it already have files? If its new, you will need to format and create a partition for it, then it will show up in My Computer and you will now be able to transfer files

deabur

Hi

Sorry should have been more informative :) Its an old ext drive that I used to use with my MBPro ... I have downloaded a trial of MACDrive 9 and it seems to have worked although I cannot access everything (might be mac formatted)

Just trying to download adobe master collection CS5.5 trial but it keeps crashing??? Oh well back to hours of head scratching ... I must admit MACs were alot easier

Dean

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
its not that they are easier its that they are incompatibility problems you are having

you'd have the same problem trying to put a windows formatted drive into Mac
I'm not sure why its crashing, what internet browser are you using?

deabur

Its more to do with Adobe's side than the browser ... I downloaded it the other night but didnt tick 3 of the parts I wanted (dont ask) so I had to uninstall it and re try .... Now it just wont have it ....