War of the roses

NilSatis

Bright Spark
If they do half as good a job on this as they did on Warband, then I will be getting this first day its out. Cant beat Warband and Crpg mod online, its epic! Can't wait; although unfortunately knowing Paradox there will be bugs aplenty at first. Still..if people havent tried Warband yet give it a go if you are interested in this. Really recommend the Crpg mod too...although it is very addictive; and a steep learning curve.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Paradox are just the Publishers, FatShark are the developers on this one, TaleWorlds did Mount & Blade.

But looks like a fun game.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yea I read dude, hmm, i'd like to pre-order it as i love history, but i'm a little reluctant just incase it looks good, but turns out to be rubbish.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Ah of course Kalisnoir; you're right there! Oops, wucked me mords up! :) TaleWorlds certainly got there in the end with Mount and Blade after a few updates; hope FatShark can continue with a great foundation.

Having said that, I still havent checked out the latest Mount and Blade, With Fire and Sword; need to check that out for a few months too! Dont really see firearms being too enjoyable in that format, think this new one looks more the ticket for me. Will wait for a few reviews maybe, as its a different dev. As much as there were issues with Warband, I hope the core gameplay remains similar. It looks like a spiced up version from what I can see, which works!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
War of the Roses is best described as Battlefield set in the late middle ages. Up to 64 players will slash and stab their way through pitched battles or sieges, their carbines replaced by crossbows and their sniper rifles swapped for swords, all of which naturally makes combat a much more intimate affair. More often than not, you'll be staring your opponent in the face as you strike them down or suffer their anger, and even archers and crossbowmen will find they frequently have to get up close and personal to finish the job they started.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/09/war-of-the-roses-preview

64 players ey ?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
[video=youtube;FHUwfONmSUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FHUwfONmSUg[/video]

did i mention 64 players online multiplayer!!!!!!!

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Anyone bought this?

Nope but I did play the BETA. The online is pretty solid and works very similar to Mount & Blade, only with better graphics and a more smoother feel. You get alot of customizability over your classes which works in the same was as Call of Duty Black Ops in which you get credits in game which you can spend on things to unlock if you have the right level.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
the demos out http://store.steampowered.com/app/230940/

thegamershub said:
the lovely folks over at Paradox Interactive have gone and given their highly enjoyable War of the Roses a lovely Free Trail for you to enjoy – and it’s a meaty one.

This trial version of War of the Roses allows you to download and play without paying a penny.

You’ll gain access to all online battles, alongside all existing players online – meaning you’ll have plenty of others to go up against as you fight for the House of Lancaster or York.

The caveat? You won’t be able to gain any unlocks, meaning you can only utilise the base classes and weapons.

It’s a fair compromise though as it means you can become a true knight, adept with combat an defence

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
Do you reckon if I explained that the Ghosts of my Ancestors would only allow me to play the White Rose campaign I might get this for half price??? :tank:

rickne

Master Poster
Do you reckon if I explained that the Ghosts of my Ancestors would only allow me to play the White Rose campaign I might get this for half price??? :tank:

Flash this for free game time. ;)

SunInSplendor2.gif