Do I buy from PCS

davret

I am new to the Forum - only one post which I cannot seem to find!! Is there an easy way??
I did order a new laptop but the transaction failed - I have yet to place my order
I am now very concerned over the number of faults people are experiencing
I have always purchased a branded laptop in the past and never experienced the technical problems being written about
I am not a technical wizz so would not be able to go through all the ways of trying to correct faults
The technical support side from PCS appears to be "reluctant" at times rather than immediate responses & fault correction
I was convinced that my £900 Optimist 11 spec with SSD etc was the way to go
Now I am not sure - perhaps I should go with Asus, Toshiba, Acer or Sony or follow my son with an iMac??
Love to hear from all you people out there

paul1224

Every forum on every site like this will have people posting problems and technical issues.
If you go on any of the above forums it is no different really.
In general based on my own experience I would recommend PCS, yes there can be problems but that is the same wherever you go really.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
PCS is by far the best computer company I have dealt with,for quality,price & customer support and I have dealt with quite a few companies over the years.
In the unlikely event you have any problems,because it's a very small percentage who do,they will sort it out quickly as possible when you give them a call.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
In fairness...do Sony, Toshiba, Acer or Asus actually have forums? (without searching I would say not...well not in the same vein as PCS)

I think you can google all day and find technical issues with any piece of equipment...I am almost certain no branded product has 100% reliability :D

And while we still can, while we have you here, we can do our best to convince you not to go over to the iDark Side! :stupid:

Other than that, if you are having problems, like vanth says, give them a call.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
The others will have forums, even if only 3rd part affiliates, but we're much cooler. And you know where we are, you could actually ring up and ask to speak to me! Many people have... so I need to stop advertising the fact...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
The others will have forums, even if only 3rd part affiliates, but we're much cooler. And you know where we are, you could actually ring up and ask to speak to me! Many people have... so I need to stop advertising the fact...

I think that's what I meant. There will be a "Sony forum", but I wouldn't imagine it would be run and answered by the people that actually put the sticker on the side of your PC :)

c-hri-s

Bronze Level Poster
It's the same as many things you view online, most people post reviews or messages when they have issues. Very few people post messages saying that 'everything is fine' (that's pretty boring to read, after all).

On forums like this you're always going to see a lot of people discussing various issues they have - but the proportion of people with problems to satisfied customers who don't post on this board is likely to be tiny.

Oh, and if you look and read the threads carefully, you'll see that mostly even the people with problems are satisfied customers - a great service is part of the reason many select PCS.

If it helps, I received my PC from them and it works perfectly. I haven't posted to say that, because who cares ... :)

Rakk

The Awesome
I am new to the Forum - only one post which I cannot seem to find!! Is there an easy way??

I presume it's this thread

An easy way to find your posts is go to your profile page (you can do this by clicking on your name in top right hand corner of the page), and just below where your name, title and reputation level is there's a link which will show you all of your latest posts.

davret

Thanks everyone Final issue could be that we can't see it & touch it B4 we take the plunge
Why is it so difficult to decide? Just got an iPad & love it which makes me feel an Apple Mac could be the way to go
A pity PCS is so far away
Will continue to deliberate - waiting could always be beneficial
Thanks for all yr inputs