Upgradability & Change of Case - Help?

Hi all, new member to the forums so i'll apologise in advance if i've posted this in the wrong place. Just need help/advice with a few things as i'm not that well up on computer knowledge...

I ordered a new system today, the spec is as follows:

Corsair Carbide Series 400R Case
AMD FX-8120 - Overclocked 3.10Ghz / Max 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF Military Motherboard
Blu-Ray R/W X10 Drive
DVD R/W X24 Drive
16GB RAM 'Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 1600Mhz'
3GB NVidia GTX 580 GPU (HDMI - 3D Ready)
Hard Drive 1: 250GB SATA-II 3gb/s with 8MB Cache (7,200rpm)
Hard Drive 2: 2TB WD Caviar Sata 3gb/s with 64MB
Carsair 750W Bronze PSU
Coolit II - Advanced Liquid Cooling System
With Razer Black Widow Ultimate Keyboard, Razer DeathAdder mouse & Logitec C910 HD Webcam

Question 1. This will be connected via HDMI to a 1080p LG 60'' HD 3D Television, use a wired 60Mb broadband connection and used primarily for gaming at Maximum settings (mostly Battlefield 3) Will the system I have ordered be able to handle this to my HDTV on Maximum settings? And is it as straight forward as plugging it in via HDMI?

Question 2. I've ordered the Corsair 400R Case as you can see, but I really wanted the NZXT Phantom (black) but PCS don't have it. Could I take this sytem to a shop that has the Phantom and they could literally just move everything from this case to the other?

Question 3. This is my FIRST desktop purchase, i've had a laptop but that was literally for browsing/downloading. I don't really want to spend the same amout of money this time next year for a new system, will I be able to just get different parts and upgrade rather than buy fresh with the system I have?

Sorry about my lack of computer knowledge, but when it comes to parts and speeds and overclocking ect. I'm hopeless!

And thank you so much for any help & advice

tom_gr7

Life Serving
question 1 - YES, this will handle bf3 well, however, Oc'd systems generally dont offer very much to gaming. i would have gone for a different quad core spec if am honest.

2 - Do not do this you will likely lose warranty, esp if someone in the shop breaks it, also i wouldnt trust anyone in a shop with my pc! order the case you want from amazon wherever have it delivered to PCS, call pcs and tell you want to amend ya order to choose ya own case. and ya sending ya the phantom in.

3. yes you will be able to upgrade the system, but it probably wont need it for a few years mate.

Thanks a lot for your answers!

I'll be fine with the corsair for now I just wanna get this thing set up! Can PCS change the case for me at a later date?

Ahhh, is the FX-8120 no good? I was sat here with another clueless mate who was banging on about it having 8 cores or something and said it'd be good? Is it rubbish?

Fear

Prolific Poster
You would have to phone PCS up about changing the case at a later date but if you really want a different case then you would be best doing as Tom suggested and having the case you want sent to PCS in the first place.

The 8120 is a bit of a waste for gaming due to the fact games mainly make use of the GPU and 2-3 CPU cores so it's not rubbish just more is not always better.

I am guessing the second HDD on your spec is a caviar green ? if so they are good as a storage drive but the first HDD you have will bottleneck your system so you would be better off changing it to one of the performance drives so either a Caviar Black or Barracuda, the OC is a waste of time for gaming aswell so you can drop the motherboard down to save some money and and also the water cooling would not be needed, actually put down exactly what you are using the system for and your budget and anything else you need like monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers and OS and you will get some balanced specs to have a look at.

Rakk

The Awesome
I agree with tom_gr7 and Fear, getting the case you want in the first place will be much easier, and mean you don't lose time later when trying to change the case, oh and cheaper too, since you won't be paying for two cases :)

All you would need to do would be phone PCS, and let them know you're sending a case, and then get whoever you are getting the case from deliver it straight to PCS (presuming you're ordering from somewhere that delivers), given that pre-production times are the lengthiest bit of the wait, you could easily get a case to PCS before it was due to go into building anyway - unless you're fast-tracking.