Ordered a 3D gaming PC

Croazil

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM TROOPER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V/GEN3: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX (changed to Sabertooth)

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP (Special Offer)
Free Item
Free Item
FREE Battlefield 3 with any Nvidia1.5GB GeForce GTX 580!

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
2TB SEAGATE Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s HDD, 64MB Cache (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£46)

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£87)

Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO II A.L.C ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER (£59)

Sound Card
Asus Xonar DG 5.1 SoundCard & Headphone AMP (Award Winner) (£20)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Monitor
ACER 23" GR235Hbmii PASSIVE 3D-READY LED MONITOR (1920 x 1080) (£179) (changed to Haans-G)

DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8)

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

£1517 inc VAT and Delivery.

This is my build and yes I dont have an SSD in this build but I will be buying it in future :) didnt get 1 for now to keep my build on the budget line :D

EDIT: Changed motherboard to sabertooth (+£20)
EDIT: Changed Monitor to Haans-G (-£9)
EDIT: Got Nvidia 3D Vision Glasses (+79)

EDIT: Total Price now £1607 inc VAT and Delivery.

Last edited:
Nice system. I would have gone for the 3GB version of the 580 card just to make sure you can play everything on maximum settings, and it doesn't cost that much extra.

I get where you're coming from with the SSD. I posted my spec on here and I had people telling me to get a SSD but I also was trying to stick to a budget. SSD first on my upgrade list along with a new case towards the end of the year. Hope you enjoy your new machine! Mine's coming in the morning!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
looks good, but have you thought about if you want to add another 580 in the future? if so you will need a 1050w corsair, cheaper to amend and get one now, than upgrade in the future.

Croazil

looks good, but have you thought about if you want to add another 580 in the future? if so you will need a 1050w corsair, cheaper to amend and get one now, than upgrade in the future.

I will and i dont think i will be needing more power as my current power usage is only 580 watts and and another gtx580 will only need 120 watts of power which is be just enough :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I will and i dont think i will be needing more power as my current power usage is only 580 watts and and another gtx580 will only need 120 watts of power which is be just enough :)

thats going to be really tight mate, I'd strongly recommend at least 850w's for two 580's.

Croazil

thats going to be really tight mate, I'd strongly recommend at least 850w's for two 580's.

Dont worry i dont plan on upgrading the system anywhere near 2-3 years from now when time comes i will get 1050-1200Watts powersupply and probably replace my gaphics card completely

Croazil

May I ask why the choice of the Sabertooth as a motherboard?

Certainly I prefer Longer lasting components over shorter lasting reason why i dont want overclocked CPU's and after a few research sabertooth is very long lasting just what i need as i am not willing to freely spend money on parts every 1-3 years as i do not like doing so :) even having second thoughts on SSD's as they appear to break faster.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Certainly I prefer Longer lasting components over shorter lasting reason why i dont want overclocked CPU's and after a few research sabertooth is very long lasting just what i need as i am not willing to freely spend money on parts every 1-3 years as i do not like doing so :) even having second thoughts on SSD's as they appear to break faster.
I believe that the Sabertooth P67 does not support PCi 3.0 which I think is what new GPUs will be using. I was also interested in the Sabertooth motherboard but after checking reviews and taking into consideration the advice of other forum members I went for the P8X68V-GEN3 which is cheaper and supports PCi 3.0.