Anybody heard of a chassis that will include the upcoming GTX 680M?

PiXiL

As the title suggests, I'm looking for news regarding if anybody has heard, or will be hearing, about the upcoming GTX 680M (hopefully a Kepler chip) being included as an option on any upcoming laptops.

Just out of rumour and speculation it seems that the GTX 670 will only be a mere re-branding of the GTX 570 and the GTX 675 a re-branding of the current champion, the GTX 580; but I guess we'll have to wait until April or whenever nVidia lifts it's non-disclosure agreements on the 600 series to see whether it's true or not...:sweatdrop:

Last edited:

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
As far as i know the Skyfire II (late april / early may release) will have the 680m available, but if you want a definitive answer i would wait for a more experienced poster to comment!

Xoil

The Skyfire II will contain the 670M, not 680M, You'll most likely find the vortex series to be updated to have the 680M.

PiXiL

Thanks for the replies. I've been following the Skyfire II, but as Xoil has mentioned it seems that it will contain one GTX 670M only. (Not sure if that's good or bad though as the specifications aren't out yet).

I guess there's no clear information at the moment on the GTX 680M (this thread is number 1 on Google when searching for "GTX 680M"; who would of thought :whistling:). Hopefully someone clued up on the new chips will be along to discuss them soon?

Last edited:

Xoil

PCS will probably come by soon and say what laptop will have the 680M. Sadly nvidia havent said much about the mobile cards..

PiXiL

That's true, they're being very hush hush and the NDAs on the suppliers, reviewers and testers don't help either!

Edit: I've seen a rumour stating that the GTX 680 is only going to be a desktop GPU; hopefully it's not true, but only time will tell. In the meantime I guess I'll have to get back to eagerly awaiting the specifications for the rest of the 600M series.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We're not allowed to say anything until Nvidia officially launch a product. However you can be assured that as soon as any new gaming graphics card is launched we will be one of (if not) the first places where you can get one :D

PiXiL

I really dislike these NDAs, lol. I know good things come to those who wait, but jeeze. :sleep1:

Last edited: