3D surround - a happy customer

keynes

Multiverse Poster
WOW what a beast of a machine :tank:. What sort of temps do you get.:gunsmilie:

Thanks.
Iddle with fans at 30% I get around 26'C on my GPU and around 26-27'C on the CPU. When gaming (Dead Island or Battlefield 3) the GPU will go to around 60'C

Edit: should be 40% fans

Last edited:

Narcotics

Rising Star
GTX 680 Jetstream
Iddle GPU Temperature 26.0[°C] Fan Speed 30(%) Fan Speed 840(RPM)
30mins of crysis 2 max Temperature 72.0[°C] Fan Speed 45 (%) Fan Speed 1320(RPM)

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
wow, i leave my fans at 40/45% at idle, and have them at about 70-80% when gaming, i suggest you manually set the fans slightly higher than what they go to automatically, will give you much better temps, perhaps between 50-60% would be ideal and shouldnt be too loud

Corfate

Author Level
I agree with Wozza when gaming, ramp your fans up to 70-80%. However when idling, i'd just leave the fans to do what they want :)

Narcotics

Rising Star
GTX 680 Jetstream
Iddle GPU Temperature 26.0[°C] Fan Speed 40(%) Fan Speed 1020 (RPM)
30mins of crysis 2 max Temperature 70.0[°C] Fan Speed 49 (%) Fan Speed 1440 (RPM)
I don't see the need to make the fans go flat out as 70'c max load is good.:yes:

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeh its good, it just reduces wear if the temps are a bit lower, i get no more than 60c on my 570 at max settings on bf3 at just 80% fan speed, 60c is my target to stay below

Narcotics

Rising Star
yeh its good, it just reduces wear if the temps are a bit lower, i get no more than 60c on my 570 at max settings on bf3 at just 80% fan speed, 60c is my target to stay below

GTX 680 Jetstream
60% max fan speed
Iddle GPU Temperature 22.0'c - 42% Fan Speed - 1110 RPM No heating in my room.
Played Crysis 2 & Dirt 3 for 50minutes
high average is 55.0'c - 60% Fan Speed - 1800 RPM it did hit 60.0'c for about 4 seconds

230c1.jpg

Wolvo7

Bright Spark

Just noticed you have the Haf-X been trying to find someone with one ^^. How would you rate this case is it worth the additional ££ over a more traditional one?

Also I see that you have the NZXT fan controller, as it comes with 5 fitted fans does that mean that the case comes with the standard fans ie front LED fan, one on the right panel, one at the back and one on top plus an additional one on top?

Lastly do you know if PCS can fit cathode tubes on demand? I know you fitted yours yourself but I'm considering just adding some to the build if PCS have some just to avoid the hassle :D Thanks :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Just noticed you have the Haf-X been trying to find someone with one ^^. How would you rate this case is it worth the additional ££ over a more traditional one?

Also I see that you have the NZXT fan controller, as it comes with 5 fitted fans does that mean that the case comes with the standard fans ie front LED fan, one on the right panel, one at the back and one on top plus an additional one on top?

Lastly do you know if PCS can fit cathode tubes on demand? I know you fitted yours yourself but I'm considering just adding some to the build if PCS have some just to avoid the hassle :D Thanks :)

I love the Haf-X, the case comes with the front fan, one top fan and 1 fan in the side panel. I sent the additional fans to PCS and they fitted those for me and connected them to the fan controller. Not sure if they will do the cathode lights (they don't sell them) but they were pretty straightforward to set up.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Cool :) About the fans why did you decide to send some? If they add some more fans with the NZXT controller to up the total to 5 that would mean that they could've added 2 more fans for the same price. Were the fans you sent of better quality?

I'll ask them about the lights closer to the date, thanks :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Cool :) About the fans why did you decide to send some? If they add some more fans with the NZXT controller to up the total to 5 that would mean that they could've added 2 more fans for the same price. Were the fans you sent of better quality?

I'll ask them about the lights closer to the date, thanks :)

The case comes only with 1 top fan, I added one more, the side panel fan was clear so I decided to send a red-led megaflow instead (that I just replaced with a blue spectre pro 200mm).

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Ah right makes sense I just checked again and the additional fans provided with the NZXT are 120mm, so they wouldn't go on top since you need a 200mm. Very nice PC btw :D