3D surround - a happy customer

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I had a few issues with my order initially (USB ports not working, faulty GPU and disconnected Fan controller) but I was given the choice of a rebuilt and I can say without a doubt that I am extremely happy with my PC.
The pre-sales department (both in live support and email) were always helpful and provided plenty of useful advice when deciding which components to use as well as many forum members. During the processing/building time I contacted PCS several times (impatiently waiting for my birthday present) and every time I was always given a courteous update.
The technical support department was always helpful during my RMAs and I was always updated by email on the process of my repair, in both occasions the time taken to fix the issue was in less than a week which is impressive and a much better service than I have ever received from other retailers (ASUS and DELL).
The new GTX 680 SLI compare to the GTX 580 SLI I previously had run much quieter and cooler, I have not yet experienced any driver issues when gaming in 3D surround and the system so far is flawless.
I am recommending PCS to all my friends and colleagues (also trying to get the college I work at to use them when updating their PCs ;) ) and I am also planning to purchase a budget desktop for my brother in the next few weeks. For anyone still hesitating to purchase a PC from them I can assure you that the wait (during building) is worth it and the support (both before and after the transaction takes place) is second to none.
I'd also like to thank Jack Turner for his help and support and James Davies for keeping me up to date during my RMA and answer all my queries with a prompt response.
Thank you again PCS!!

Case COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2700k Quad Core (3.50GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard

ASUS® P8Z68-V/GEN3: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX

Memory (RAM)

16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card

2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card

2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk

2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive

12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£44)

Power Supply

CORSAIR 1200W PRO SERIES™ GOLD AX1200-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR(£209)

Processor Cooling

COOLIT ECO II FAT BOY PUSH/PULL CONFIG LIQUID CPU COOLER (£79)

Fan Controller

NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller with upto 5 Fitted Case Fans

Sound Card

ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities

10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options

6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

3 x ASUS VG278H 27" Monitor

Warranty

3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour) (£135)

87648323.jpg

unoh.jpg

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Now that I am enjoying 3D surround without any issues I can certainly say that it will be difficult to go back to 1 screen. Cost me a lot of overtime but totally worth it!! (having problems enclosing pictures, I had to put links instead)

doskc.jpg

Last edited:

AwesomeDude

Bronze Level Poster
Where do you Live Dude? :shifty:

Nah Jk that Pc Is a BEAST = :tank:

Hope you have fun and Thanks for the Pics :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Live in Croydon and it will be a hassle to get the PC and the monitors out of the house ;) (2nd floor and narrow stairs)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Damn that looks like a nice setup! I want it.....

Glad your happy now though, i remember your troubles from your posts a while back. Just goes to show with a little bit of communication everything will always be sorted if you are having any sorts of problems. I have lost count how many people just come on and rant about a problem and nothing ever gets fixed.

Anyway, enjoy it!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I agree, the thread I created before was intended to seek advice rather than a rant. PCS have always offered a great support during any technical difficulties and I only needed some patience to get all the issues sort it.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You are welcome to do it! Just don't know where to start, I was adviced by Tom to disconnect some cables and re-arrange them but I may just forget where to plug them back. It is actually better than before, I manage to put some cables on the empty drive bay.

Corfate

Author Level
You're a little too far away for me to drive down :p

An idea is to put a small piece of masking tape on the cable to tell you where it went :) Or take detailed pics to show you :)

Personally, when i did my cable management (my case has no cable management features at all haha), i got all the cables from the PSU that i need, straightened them out and wired them through places that cover them up as much as possible. (due to my case having no obvious places to hide cables, mine are all cable tied to the back of the HDD cage). With your case, pass the cables through the rubber gromits, then feed them through into the correct places, then cable tie them down neatly behind the mobo :) All you're trying to do basically is making it so you can see as little of the wire as possible :)

Come to i46 with it in the summer, and i'll sort it out for you ;)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The cables are now bugging me!! I'll try to do something about them over the weekend. Thanks for the advice.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
just remember to take ya time,

you could also remove the empy hard drive slot thingy's cant remember what they are called, (the things that the hdd's sit on)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I so badly want to come over to yours and do some cable management on those cables! :p

This is the best I could do.
IMG_0097.jpgIMG_0097.jpg
There are several cable ties that I just can't take out. I'll try to rearrange the red cables as Tom suggested but that is for the weekend.