Optimus II update when?

csoren

Well...what we don't want to do is stop everybody from placing an order for the Optimus II in anticipation of the Optimus III because we won't be listing it until the Optimus II has sold out.
I'm sure you've considered this, and I'm not really trying to tell you how to run your business, but why not offer the Optimus III at a premium while you still have II stock? Say 50-70 quid. My guess is the ones who'd want the III would be inclined to pay that little extra (I know I would), while the cost-conscious would buy the II.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
All being well we will have a seamless transition between the models but we will look into other options when the stock arrives.

Kleahy

Beginning of June for the 15.6", end of April for the 17.3". :)

Differences are GT 650M, Ivy Bridge, more USB 3.0.

Does this mean it will have 3rd gen ivy bridge processors for a similar price, or is it just that the architecture supports 3rd gen processors and they will cost extra??
Cheers!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Pricing will be similar, the chassis will support Ivy Bridge but IB CPUs will only be available after the respective launch dates.

beanruz

any update on this? dates? Prices available?

also you've said more USB 3.0 etc., that mean the styling on the Optimus will change? if so can we have any pictures?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
any update on this? dates? Prices available?

also you've said more USB 3.0 etc., that mean the styling on the Optimus will change? if so can we have any pictures?

The new chassis will look pretty much identical to the old model. No pricing is available at present. You should be looking at the end of May for launch at the earliest.