DSC_2230.jpg

DSC_2229.jpg

DSC_2228.jpg

DSC_2225.jpg

DSC_2224.jpg

DSC_2220.jpg

Sleinous

Author Level
Been a slow week this week what with getting yet again the wrong EK Supreme HF mounting hardware. I ended up ordering the second set from the same place I got the first set for my old EK Supreme HF (non EN plating and before LGA 2011).

There seems to be alot of those faulty screws still in limbo:

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/index....ail,0&cntnt01articleid=115&cntnt01returnid=17

Anyways, did a bit of cablemanagement and since taking these pictures I have sleeved the 2x D5's and installed them too. Once I get the correct EK mounting hardware I can do the last couple of connections and start leak testing etc.

DSC_2292.jpg

DSC_2294.jpg

DSC_2296.jpg

DSC_2298.jpg

DSC_2302.jpg

DSC_2306.jpg

DSC_2309.jpg

DSC_2311.jpg

DSC_2312.jpg

Buzz

Master
Going to be a total failure here and ask, why does the CPU not have a waterblock on it? :)

There are 2 on that board. One has one. Can only presume its just not finished yet. I would like to know though, after it is all set up, and liquid in and all running on a day to day basis, what happens if one of those cards needs taking out for what ever reason. How difficult, or how much hassle would it be to actually have to remove one from the cooling setup. Looks class. Keep dem dar piccies coming

Sleinous

Author Level
The answer is that I can't get ahold of a second LGA 2011 mounting mechanism that doesn't have this problem: http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/index....ail,0&cntnt01articleid=115&cntnt01returnid=17

It's REALLY starting to annoy me now, as even scan.co.uk sent me out the old faulty part even after they sent me one good one... It's ridiculous. I now have 3 from 3 different etailers that are of no use to me, and im now sending a support ticket into EK to get this sorted out...

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
DSC_2622.jpg

DSC_2623.jpg

DSC_2624.jpg

DSC_2627.jpg

DSC_2628.jpg

DSC_2629.jpg

DSC_2630.jpg

DSC_2631.jpg

DSC_2632.jpg

DSC_2633.jpg

DSC_2635.jpg

DSC_2637.jpg

Some more pics of the finished build, the reason there is a DIMM not in a red slot is because it seems I have 2 faulty DIMM slots on this board... i'm going ot have to do an RMA later I think.

Teaz

Godlike
Wow, certainly jelly here lol. Should go over some of the parts :) Also, you've just resolved one of my problems which I've had for a while for a component that I didn't know existed :D

Sleinous

Author Level
ohhh? What component was that? :)

Well the components i'm using are quite similar to my old build.

I'm reusing the Corsair AX1200, I bought an additional AX850 for the task.

I'm using a workstation board from EVGA capable of housing two Xeon E5 CPU's. The CPU's themselves run at 2.3Ghz stock, 2.6Ghz turbo on all cores. I was a bit worried i'd get some issues with gaming but if anything it runs smoother than it did on my i7 970 @ 3.8Ghz which is very odd!

More photos below:

DSC_2645.jpg

DSC_2646.jpg

DSC_2642.jpg

DSC_2641.jpg

DSC_2640.jpg

Teaz

Godlike
It was the card reader with the internal usb 3 plug :D I can now replace my current card reader and the usb 3 box I have :) During the time I ordered my rig, there wasn't any one that supplied a card reader that used the internal usb3 plug. searched for over a month and gave up lol. Thanks for posting yours up, otherwise I don't think I would of start searching again till next year xD

I think I could just sit in front of your folding rigs and just watch it shift data through its circuits as the sound of the swift waters cool the components for hours without getting board xD

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
what steering wheel is that, is it the G27, is it good? I'm thinking of getting a steering wheel because atm im still using my keyboard for racing lol :/

F3AR

PCS, if you don't hire him [so he can build all our next PCs] I will not be happy!

Sleinous

Author Level
It was the card reader with the internal usb 3 plug :D I can now replace my current card reader and the usb 3 box I have :) During the time I ordered my rig, there wasn't any one that supplied a card reader that used the internal usb3 plug. searched for over a month and gave up lol. Thanks for posting yours up, otherwise I don't think I would of start searching again till next year xD

I think I could just sit in front of your folding rigs and just watch it shift data through its circuits as the sound of the swift waters cool the components for hours without getting board xD

Why thanks :D I'm thinking of upgrading my X58 i7 970 soon so you will likely get another build-log soon!

PCS, if you don't hire him [so he can build all our next PCs] I will not be happy!

I agree! ;) Heh another year of uni before I start job hunting for real although this 1 year internship has been a real eye opener!

wow that setup looks incredible!

what steering wheel is that, is it the G27, is it good? I'm thinking of getting a steering wheel because atm im still using my keyboard for racing lol :/

Indeed it's the G27, I really like it, use it especially for Test Drive Unlimited 2 PC