Anyone use adobe illustrater?

jonny123

Bright Spark
Hey i was just wondering if anyone on here uses adobe illustrater and can help me create a vector file of my logo.

tbk1974

don't have it installed at the minute, but will have when i get my new pc.
in the meantime, try a program called vector magic, as it can sometimes give pretty ok results depending on what you want

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I use Illustrator, what exactly are you wanting? Guidance or for someone to take a logo and "vectorize" it?

jonny123

Bright Spark
don't have it installed at the minute, but will have when i get my new pc.
in the meantime, try a program called vector magic, as it can sometimes give pretty ok results depending on what you want

Yeh ive tried that before but when i resize it it still loses quality :/
Thanks though :),If it still isnt done would you mind helping me with it ?,Its a realy simple logo pretty much just made out of circles but i just cant use ai as im so used to photoshop.

jonny123

Bright Spark
I dont mind if you can help me make it a vector it would be awsome its a realy simple logo so i dont think it should be to hard but i just gatta know how to use ai.

tbk1974

Yeh ive tried that before but when i resize it it still loses quality :/
Thanks though :),If it still isnt done would you mind helping me with it ?,Its a realy simple logo pretty much just made out of circles but i just cant use ai as im so used to photoshop.

if the result is ok when you use wector magic, save the file from it as an eps or ai file.
then open it in photoshop whatever size you need it and it should be ok.
if you can fire up a copy of what you want done, and then the size you want it at after i'll try and sort it out asap for you

Last edited:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
If the logo is simple you can probably get away with using "Live Trace", if not send me the .psd or w/e you have of it and i'll change it to a vector for you and screenshot it so you can see how i did it.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0gDdwOg9E65cURZdXlYUzhnTVk

Re did it from scratch so you can easily edit anything still, hope its fine, if not just ask what you want changing.

*EDIT AGAIN* Should note, the one you did in PSD wasnt exactly the most professional I've ever seen ha, the colours didn't fit equally all the way around the inside but you'll see they do in the vector :)

Also oops as I didn't actually notice the guy above me had already done it. Just to let you know though about you saying 6k pixels with no loss of quality, that's the whole point in a vector, it's worked out mathematically (fonts are vectors) and therefore never pixelate.

Last edited:

jonny123

Bright Spark
And yeh i know the colours didnt fit i was ganna make a layer style for them but the reason i used the coulours was too show that there was a "C" and a "D" in the logo,I was going to change them dont worry :p
Ah sorry didnt read the post propery,I didnt actully the notice that,I dont know why it happend :S.
Thanks though for pointing that out :)