Fake WD

Buzz

Master
Spotted these over on Overclockers. Fake WD Drives being sold. Just goes to show ya really gotta be careful who and where you buy from.

fakehpext2.jpg fakehpext3.jpg fakehpext4.jpg f160g2.jpg f160g3.jpg

Buzz

Master
if they're fake WD drives, why do they say samsung?

Not really the point but, yes the last 2 are from a different batch which were samsung, I just stuck them in to show its happening more and more, the rest are all WD.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
[DED's Mini-Diablo, nonchalantly leaning against DED's left ear]: "Is that glue all over the inside of the fake computer parts?"

[DED's Mini-Tyrael, looking all angelic and white]: "Nope, I'm pretty sure that's :censored:"

Rakk

The Awesome
I'm pretty sure I saw a news report somewhere on the web on something like this last year sometime though I can't remember where or when I saw it, but I know our company hadn't moved offices yet, which means it was before October.

Finn

Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure I saw a news report somewhere on the web on something like this last year sometime though I can't remember where or when I saw it, but I know our company hadn't moved offices yet, which means it was before October.

Pretty sure there was one on the register.

Corfate

Author Level
Yeah, i remember reading something like it was using a flash memory, that copied data onto the drive, but deleted over the old data basically rendering the HDD useless, but non-techy people wouldn't notice as it appeared to be copying fine. Only when you come to find your files.. :p