Red pixel on screen?

After Glow

So I just recieved my Vortex III 17" and against some colours (usually black) I can see a tiny red pixel. This isn't a MAJOR deal and tbh I've hardly noticed it; it's just sometimes I catch a glance of it and it's slightly annoying. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks.

Buzz

Master
Sounds like it could be a stuck pixel.

Get a very soft damp cloth and in a circular motion, working out the the edges like as if getting rid of a bubble from behind wallpaper :) and rub around the pixel, don't Rub to hard. It should work itself out if it is in fact just a stuck pixel.

After Glow

Sounds like it could be a stuck pixel.

Get a very soft damp cloth and in a circular motion, working out the the edges like as if getting rid of a bubble from behind wallpaper :) and rub around the pixel, don't Rub to hard. It should work itself out if it is in fact just a stuck pixel.

Didn't work :/ Thanks for the advice anyway

Buzz

Master
Get a pencil and use the bottom end and tap it gently. Is it possible to see a pic of it. It does definitely sound like a stuck pixel. Dead Pixels are usually bright white. (on occasions deep green) Stuck ones are usually coloured and can with patience usually be worked out from the above or the tapping it.

After Glow

Buzz

Master
Yeh looks to me like stuck pixel and doing what I suggested 90% the time will remove it.

Turn off your monitor.
Get a damp cloth
Apply pressure to the area where the stuck pixel is. Try not to put pressure anywhere else, this may trigger the creation of more stuck pixels.
While applying pressure, turn on your computer and screen.
Remove pressure and the stuck pixel should be gone.

If it doesnt it could be dead which are not as easy fixed. In fact some places even have a situation where there needs to be a certain amount of dead pixels in a certain radios for them to even accept back.

After Glow

Yeh looks to me like stuck pixel and doing what I suggested 90% the time will remove it.

Turn off your monitor.
Get a damp cloth
Apply pressure to the area where the stuck pixel is. Try not to put pressure anywhere else, this may trigger the creation of more stuck pixels.
While applying pressure, turn on your computer and screen.
Remove pressure and the stuck pixel should be gone.

If it doesnt it could be dead which are not as easy fixed. In fact some places even have a situation where there needs to be a certain amount of dead pixels in a certain radios for them to even accept back.

So if I wet a soft cloth. Put my laptop into sleep mode and then apply pressure before turning it on it SHOULD work?

Buzz

Master
Turn it off, Get damp soft cloth and apply pressure in motion said above, and do that for a minute or so, then while still doing it turn on the comp and continue to do it a further min or so.

Finn

Enthusiast
Its also relevent whether he went for the dead pixel guarentee or not, I would assume that without it it would be the standard manufacturers terms which usually require somewhere between 4-10 dead pixels in the same area, one dead pixel is not usually enough for an RMA (and would make the no dead pixel guarentee rather pointless!

Of course if you did get the no dead pixel guarentee I would assume that you can RMA it fine.

It would be good if this was something PCS clarified in their FAQ section though, I looked but couldnt find anything.

Rakk

The Awesome

Not sure how PCS stand on this. Be interesting to find out actually.

It would be good if this was something PCS clarified in their FAQ section though, I looked but couldnt find anything.

For monitors I think it does entirely depend on what the manufacturer deems to be too enough dead pixels for a replacement, and since PCS offer monitors from a couple of different manufacturers it may not be the same for each manufacturer (of course I could be wrong) making it not quite as simple as just one number.

Though talking about laptops here, I don't know how many manufacturers there are providing the screens, it could be one, it could be many.

Finn

Enthusiast
I think it does entirely depend on what the manufacturer deems to be too enough dead pixels for a replacement, and since PCS offer monitors from a couple of different manufacturers it may not be the same for each manufacturer (of course I could be wrong) making it not quite as simple as just one number.

At the very least clarification of what the dead pixel guarantee gives you over not having it would be good, and either spec out what each manufacturer offers or provide links to those manufacturers.

Buzz

Master
we-uncover-the-dead-pixel-policies-for-every-major-lcd-maker/

Also Samsung as an EG

What Is Samsung's Dead Pixel Policy?

One or two dead pixels out of the approximately 1.3 million pixels on a typical LCD television is acceptable. Generally, then, if you have only a few dead pixels, service is not an option.

With that said, Samsung does have a Dead Pixel Policy. Receiving warranty service depends on:

The number of dead pixels
The location of the dead pixels
The color of the dead pixels
The size of the LCD TV screen

After Glow

Apparently (according to the PCS welcome booklet) for laptops I would need a minimum of 3 stuck pixels to warrant a screen replacement.

So... I have to put up with this red pixel in the middle of my screen? I only got my laptop at the end of last week :/