Laptop not working after a rma...

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ok cheers for the help,Im just trying a few things again now,and if it dont work ill just have to phone pcs today.
As for me being vauge im not realy a expert on what the screens are called,Again thanks for the help.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ok,Ill try a load of ways of getting a os on there today,Ask some people for help etc and it it doesent get done ill just phone up and ask what i can do about it.
Thanks for posting.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ok my dad got me windows 7 off a mate and it worked straight away,So I have no idea why linux would not boot considering it will boot on my computer,Anyway its done now and it all looks good,Thanks pcs and thanks maestro for helping on this post.

lod193

Way over my head but how amazing that you were getting support right up to 12:30am! I'm very impressed with the service provided by these guys.

Buzz

Master
Glad you got it sorted.

So I have no idea why linux would not boot considering it will boot on my computer
No reason what so ever. If it works on one comp there is no reason it shouldnt work on the other once boot settings are correct and no issues with the computer itself which there isn't.

I would suggest in future as I said prior, if using a USB drive for installing use a smaller one and use a designed program for creating the system boot drive. Its always WAY easier and saves lot of time in the long run.

Way over my head but how amazing that you were getting support right up to 12:30am! I'm very impressed with the service provided by these guys.

Fully agree. It is really nice to see staff members actually take time out, of their own personal time to come online at all hours of the night and try help someone. Respect....

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ok now it will not let me eject the disk by using the eject button and on startup it says realteck series c200 chipset family smbus controlller (Somethink like that it pops up and then dissaperas to quickly.but then it says on the next line,Media test fail,Check cable.What should i do?

jonny123

Bright Spark
Yep i agree they are great with helping to solve the problem,Its just i wish the problems never occured in the first time,But i do agree it was cool of him to stay up and help.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Well i had to pay for the win 7 disk i used off my mate so i mayaswell just use it now and i havent got a smaller memery pen so ill just leave it :)

Buzz

Master
Yep i agree they are great with helping to solve the problem,Its just i wish the problems never occured in the first time,But i do agree it was cool of him to stay up and help

The problem was not made by a PCS error or a computer error though. It was made from a bad operating system install. As you said yourself, you got a normal copy of windows, and installed straight away. Not really sure what anyone could have done more for you personally.

jonny123

Bright Spark
I dont mean this problem particully i meant there good at solving problems when they happen but i wish theyd never happend (E.G,Forgetting to send out a battery and power plug,They sorted it in a few days but the problem should of never occured in the first place same with the wrong resultion screen.)The problem seems to be because i didnt order a os so ill take the blame for this one not working,But now again ive done the win 7 install and the it wont let me eject through the touch pannel on the laptop,Its just problem after problem and whether its my fault or pcs fault ive never had problems buying laptops/Pcs from the stores(Yes there alot worse and less techy ) but id still be able to use it.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It does sound like a software issue not a hardware problem. I ordered my pc from PCS and I did experience a few issues but those were quickly resolved by me emailing technical assistance and calling them. I was as frustrated as you were but when discussing these issues in a calm matter over the phone it was all sort it. I would only suggest to use the appropriate routes to solve this issue (e.g. call them or send them an email) and in the meantime use the forum to get some help on installing the OS of your choice. Implying PCS has something to hide it is not really going to help solving the problems you have with your laptop, give it some time and call them to see what they can do for you.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ok thanks pcs,a quick phonecall and it was because i hadent installed s bar (as i thought it was optinal,add on kinda thing).I havent used it and i wont be usuing it for abit but as soon as i can ill go on and check everythings fine (My dad says its working) so should be fine.
Again thanks pcs espiccaly maestro and the guy on the phone :p