Second Hard Drive question

mrbenjamin

Hey all

I'm looking to buy a new laptop and there is one question I have. If I select None for the second Hard Drive slot can i install my own spare hard drive easily my self? is there just a bay on bottom for the spare Hard drive or is it not possible?

Thanks Ben

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Depends on the laptop you select.You can select one that can have two hard drives plus dvd drive,on others it could be two hard drives at the expense of the dvd drive.
If you choose the 17.3" SkyFire II or the 17.3" Vortex III,they have two hard drive bays plus dvd drive bay,so it would just be a matter of selecting "none" for second hard drive then you could install your own hard drive in the spare bay.
I think with most of the other laptops you can only have two hard drives at the expense of losing the dvd drive,in which case you would need to choose "second hard disk" "none" &
for the dvd drive select "2nd HDD hard drive optical bay caddy."

Last edited:

mrbenjamin

Thanks for the reply! I think it was the one i was looking at(17.3" Optimus II) didn't support two hard disks as well as a Optical drive. i will look at creating a Skyfire/vortex one and check the price difference see if its worth if for the sake of putting a second drive in. If not ill just go out and buy a new USB hard drive En-closer(my current on is just the board with no cover feeling its a bit unsafe lol)

Thanks again

Ben