SSD advice

Vaio

Enthusiast
Looking to purchase an SSD for a few programs and OS, was thinking about 128GB maximum (Don't really want to spend over £100) Are there manufacturers which stand out from the rest?
My other question is, do I install W7 on the SSD and leave my current W7 on my HDD as it is and just boot from the SSD?
Thanks in advance.
(I mentioned this on another thread I made but thought it would be better to make a threat specifically for this)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I would go with Intel, you can get the 330 SSD 120gb for around £105 last time I checked.

Vaio

Enthusiast
What do you guys think of Samsung SSD? my mate was saying sandforce SSD's have problems with them.

Vaio

Enthusiast
Hey guys, I've ordered my SSD, what are the steps I need to take and if I'm missing any please tell me.
Backing up all my data from HDD, installing the SSD and making boot priority to SSD. Placing the W7 disc into the tray and taking steps ect ect, formatting the HDD and installing W7 on SSD.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Take out the existing OS hard drive,Install SSD,set the SSD sata port to AHCI in bios, then install Windows on the SSD.
This will save any problems with boot & system reserved partition.
Install the original HDD, start computer,It should automatically boot to the SSD drive,
save all data you want from the HDD,
go to "computer" right click the HDD & select format.