Liquid and air GPU card cooler

Buzz

Master
Arctic Cooling integrated liquid and air graphics card cooler

On May 29, Arctic Cooling will release a new product that the market has never seen. This product combines air cooling and liquid cooling for graphics cards in a self-contained system. The idea here is to lower the heat and noise that is often produced by a high-performance graphics card.

• Unmatched cooling performance
  • Active Cooling Unit and thermal adhesive for lower RAM and VR temperatures
  • Maintenance-free closed-loop liquid system
  • Lightest high-end graphics card cooler (363g)
  • All fans PWM-controlled by graphics card
  • Virtually-silent operation

The graphics cooler supports almost every graphics card going all the way back to the NVIDIA GTX 4XX series and the AMD HD 4XXX series. However, for some reason, it seems to miss supporting the HD 7970 and 7950 for some reason. Why someone would leave that out of support is beyond me, as it is the high performance GPUs that need cooling.

23907128arcticcoolingha.png

23907129arcticcoolingha.png

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
if its cheap i imagine its a tempting offer for many, although not much good here as the warranty will be void if the graphics card is tampered with

Buzz

Master
Yeh if bought after sales, but like the CPU coolers, It could be the case that you are offered this in the configuration page and have PCs do it for you. Doubt would be any harder then fitting a CPU cooler. I think they look nice. If in fact they do what they are supposed to and not just a gimmick.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Nah its a lot harder than a CPU cooler, CPU coolers are just 4 screws, with thermal paster underneath

but for GPU coolers...

Where would the leftover ones go?

Its a lot harder to change it on a graphics card and its completely different to a CPU cooler

A lot of things they would need to think about, although it could be something included in say an "Ultimate cooling package" with extra high performance case fans and a GPU cooler for a certain price, I think it would go down well if put like that

Buzz

Master
Well as they are not even released yet I cant say how hard or easy they will be to fit.
As for a CPU

CPU coolers are just 4 screws, with thermal paster underneath
LMFAO. CPU coolers can be unbelievably hard and tricky to fit. Even the most experienced pc builders have had issues with certain CPU coolers. But yeh eitherway, I still like it, and dont think personally it would be made any harder or easier then like the example of a CPU cooler. Otherwise not many people would use them bar serious modders, and people who make their comp all liquid cooled rather then air.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeh, certain models are awkward to fit, but technically thats a manufacturer problem, majority are, like i said, 4 screws and thermal paste

I imagine its not so much fitting the new GPU cooler but rather removing the old one, i imagine a few companies probably solder on the cooling system

Also a CPU is just a single heatsink (in most cases) but GPU coolers have multiple heatsinks for the high speed memoy modules, the large amount of cores, amongst other things, im trying to find a decent video of one being installed on a modern card

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
The quote of a quote on the coolers.

The graphics cooler supports almost every graphics card going all the way back to the NVIDIA GTX 4XX series and the AMD HD 4XXX series. However, for some reason, it seems to miss supporting the HD 7970 and 7950 for some reason. Why someone would leave that out of support is beyond me, as it is the high performance GPUs that need cooling.

I doubt they would make something that supports so many GPUs that hard to install personally, time will tell I guess. Also to any person with no knowledge of computers, A CPU / GPU cooler etc etc etc is only as easy as the persons knowledge of installing it would be. If ya know what your doing it is easy if ya dont well then it aint so easy.

When I said it cant be any harder then fitting a CPU cooler that was literally just as an example, by saying it cant be any harder then it, that was meaning Pcs applying them, so as for it cant be any harder to fit, well for a qualified person who builds computers all day long everyday, fitting a CPU or fitting a GPU cooler, really is much of a muchness once they get paid. How many CPU coolers would you have fitted Wozza? Just because something is "only 4 screws and some thermal paste" DOES NOT mean it is just a simple task. 2 much paste, 2 little paste. Screws in to tight, not tight enough, cable not pluged in etc etc etc. There are many things that can go wrong even with just 4 screws and some paste.

Anyway, thats really all off topic. I like the GPU cooler, and would like to see how the sales go when they come out (and the price) and looking forward to seeing results and how it looks on the card.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
changing a cpu cooler is relatively easy, but its not easy the first time. Its certainly not as simple as paste on n screws in.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
changing a cpu cooler is relatively easy, but its not easy the first time. Its certainly not as simple as paste on n screws in.

My artic air cooler was pretty hard to fit in but it was the first time I attempted to fit any CPU cooler.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I know its not as easy as 4 screws in and some paste, and i know many things can go wrong, but a GPU cooler has many more parts to it, and more parts means more likely to run into problems

The only problem is that it doesnt support 7950/7970 thats silly, two of the most popular cards not supported!! And that will probably stop them doing the whole "boosted cooling" kinda package

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Pcs ya should well stock it, or maybe test it first :)

Would be ace on a beefy case, with a coolit eco II 240 on the top, with this on the rear exhaust!

Buzz

Master
I love it, and nice find Pcs with the link. The more I read about it the more I like it. If it is as good as they say they are, then Id pay the money. GPU are expensive, the better the cooling the longer they last and better they continue to perform. Just hope they do what they say on the tin.