24" PowerGlide Temps - Cool

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just to settle any worries regarding heat... As you can see from the images below under idle and max load the chassis runs cool and at very similar temperatures to a desktop. In addition to this it runs quieter than a desktop because the power supply is fanless and external.

Idle:

powerglide_idle.jpg

Under load (running 3D mark 2011 whilst copying an 18GB file, playing a blueray & encoding):

powerglide_load.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Teaz

Godlike
These are good temps indeed! Just a question out of curiosity, whats cooling the cpu? also any advanced themal paste or anything on it?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
These are good temps indeed! Just a question out of curiosity, whats cooling the cpu? also any advanced themal paste or anything on it?

We apply Arctic Cooling MX-4 Extreme Thermal Compund on the CPU by default. It is cooled by a cooler based on Intel's standard mini-ITX specification similar to this:

DSC_3507_575px.jpg

The GPU just uses the standard heatsink supplied. As you can see from the image air is drawn in through the back and exhausted through the top:

2_big.jpg

Meds

very slick. Is there any small internal fans for the case?

There are two fans internally, one cools the CPU Heatsink (not 100% sure on size) and the other (40mm) is located above the motherboard. Apart from that, the only other fans are those on the GPU.

Teaz

Godlike
If that's all, then that is real good temps.

How warm does the case gets from long hours of use?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
For all those who are interested, here are the internal shots of the 24" PowerGlide. As you can see they are extremely easy to upgrade! :)

aio_back1.jpg

aio_back2.jpg

Last edited:
More pics & possibly a short video preview

Hi,
I'm seriously considering buying a Powerglide Extreme.
I'll be using it primarily for gaming & video playback, but before going ahead, I'd really like to see more photo's & even better, a short video / quick review, so I can get some idea, of the screen quality &
to see the touch screen in action :yes: