Pick up delivery at dpd myself?

SimonG

Not sure which forum section to post this in o_O so here goes...

My order was dispatched today, but will not be delivered until monday.
I'm fairly certain the parcel will be at my local depot tonight.

Would I be able to walk to my local depot and pick the order up tomorrow instead of
having to wait until monday when they'll deliver it?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Not sure which forum section to post this in o_O so here goes...

My order was dispatched today, but will not be delivered until monday.
I'm fairly certain the parcel will be at my local depot tonight.

Would I be able to walk to my local depot and pick the order up tomorrow instead of
having to wait until monday when they'll deliver it?

You may need to contact DPD to get that answer but it is difficult to get hold of them. Best thing is to call PCS tomorrow morning but how can you be certain your parcel is already at your local depot?

SimonG

You may need to contact DPD to get that answer but it is difficult to get hold of them. Best thing is to call PCS tomorrow morning but how can you be certain your parcel is already at your local depot?

Will contact tomorrow, was just hoping that someone else had done it and had some definite answers!

I'm fairly certain because it was picked up from leeds, it was an "over night" delivery, and I live in warrington(which is aprox two hours away). :)
And This morning I received another DPD parcel today from another company in London that dispatched that order at 16:00 yesterday(14th).

So my original question is just a case of "whether it actually IS at my local depot tomorrow". Which I'll be able to track online :)

Was hoping Id be able to just pick it up myself if I know that it's definitely just there waiting until monday.

Hard to geta hold of? What makes you say this? :<

Last edited:

truegrace

Enthusiast
I tried when mine was being delivered as it was at my local depot over the weekend but they said they couldn't without a calling card thingy, regardless of the amount of id I said I could produce.
still worth a go though :)

SimonG

I tried when mine was being delivered as it was at my local depot over the weekend but they said they couldn't without a calling card thingy, regardless of the amount of id I said I could produce.
still worth a go though :)

I was afraid that might've been the case as they ask for that stupid card everywhere on the website.
I don't see why though, doesn't it save them money if customers come and pick up deliveries they were suppose to deliver?

SimonG

I did debate just driving there and trying a bride but decided against it :p

Might actually do that! :p Don't see why they wouldn't allow you to pick it up so... :/

Edit: "15 Jun 2012 21:37 Hub 3 - Birmingham " Damnit! It will be there tonight!

SimonG

Unfortunately I was mistaken about times.
My little baby is stuck at the sorting central in Birmingham over the weekend. :(
However I have all faith that we will be united by Monday!

Thank you guys for taking the time to respond to this thread anyway, appreciate it.