Photo Gallery Error Code 0x8000000a

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
I have tried searching the net, but still having no luck.

Anyone know how to rectify this problem. Trying to open up some pictures i took on my camera from the SD Card using the PC Card reader i have.

Thanks

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Could be corrupt files or the SD card maybe has some bad sectors,can you open the card from "computer"?If nothing is showing or there are files missing it may be possible to recover them
using a recovery program,you could try this"Recuva".
http://www.piriform.com/products

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
My pc isn't reaching the log in page anymore for some reason so unable to proceed with this error yet.

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
Yeah I took it out before I restarted.

Called PCS and they said to do a system restore but this isn't working either to rectify the booting up. Just getting error 0x80000ffff. That cost me over £5 for the call...

Requested a call back this time! Haha.

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
Could be corrupt files or the SD card maybe has some bad sectors,can you open the card from "computer"?If nothing is showing or there are files missing it may be possible to recover them

I can open it from computer and i see the files but its not allowing me to open the images because its saying the format is not supported? For some reason, the icon next to the images are the IE logo.

Any ideas?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
What format (file type) if any is showing?
try right clicking a file/open with/choose program.
failing that try the recovery program I linked you to.
The files could be corrupt,in which case there's not much you can do about saving them,
if so you may need to format the disk (SD card) to make it usable.

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Try reset the file associations.

Click start, Default programs,

Set your default programs

Select windows photo viewer from the list and set the program to default.

If you use a different photo viewer go back to Default programs and select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Scroll down the list to find the file type you want to associate with a certain program.

Click Change program. If you see the program in the list select it. If not click browse and browse to the software executable file for the program you will use to view photos.

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster

Tried this and scanned the sd card specifically. It only showed deleted files. Maybe if i delete them they will show haha? No luck :(

What format (file type) if any is showing?
try right clicking a file/open with/choose program.
failing that try the recovery program I linked you to.
The files could be corrupt,in which case there's not much you can do about saving them,
if so you may need to format the disk (SD card) to make it usable.

Won't open in any program, same error message.

Try reset the file associations.

Click start, Default programs,

Set your default programs

Select windows photo viewer from the list and set the program to default.

If you use a different photo viewer go back to Default programs and select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Scroll down the list to find the file type you want to associate with a certain program.

Click Change program. If you see the program in the list select it. If not click browse and browse to the software executable file for the program you will use to view photos.

Folllowed your steps, but nothing. File not supported.

Edit: Its an ARW file, found a program now. Hopefully should be able to save elsewhere now as different format!

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Tried this and scanned the sd card specifically. It only showed deleted files. Maybe if i delete them they will show haha? No luck :(

Won't open in any program, same error message.

Folllowed your steps, but nothing. File not supported.

Edit: Its an ARW file, found a program now. Hopefully should be able to save elsewhere now as different format!

Sigh...Sony files lol.