Virgin media 100mb download and 10mb upload :O

James

Perhaps instead of doing this, they should focus on getting all of Britain onto somewhat decent speeds total.

I can only get a Maximum of 1.6 MB/s but get 1.1 at best and more often than not about 0.8(90 KB/s) and about a mile into town, they have introduced 50MB/s line connections, absolutely ridiculous.

Sleinous

Author Level
hehe this is a worldwide research thing though, and i agree, way too much tax payer's money is spent in urban areas rather than rural - then again the % of population that lives in rural areas like you and I is tiny compared to urban population so bleh :/

sanj

I'm on 100mb already as i'm testing it for virgin media,it's as fast as they say it is...hope they give me a good deal when they sort out a final price for the 100mb service!

Shibin

Enthusiast
100mb?!"!"£$....lucky =(. Also how come so many people on this forum live in rural areas and so in turn have a bad internet connection :/.

Snowy

My upload speed is how we say * Meh *.

A skimpy 1.0mb.

Uploading on average a 700mb HD video clip of gameplay footage from my xbox 360/PS3 will take around 90-110mins.

Just to be told, unknown error once at 100% completion mind you.

Hoping my area gets supported by BT INFINITY come 2012.

I neeed it!

Sleinous

Author Level
We all need it & only 2 exchanges are getting the upgradee so dont hold ur brearh. 1mbps up is still better than our 448kbps up (0.5mbps)

Craig

Silver Level Poster
haha, i'm currently on BT but swapping over to Sky.
BT right now has a bandwidth limit, only 40GB per month normally, with throttling during peak hours.
Sky has an unlimited bandwidth, and as long as you don't mass download/upload EVERY day it will stay like that.
Cheaper to have Sky over BT.. £6 a month less, along with 20MB compared to BT's 8mb..

No offense to BT but they should have upgraded the people who are on 8mb to 20mb .. who are on the highest plan, but they don't. They said i'm not a heavy broadband user and tried to offer me the 10GB a month package.. I laughed in their face , considering it was STILL more expensive than the Sky Deal (it's £21 a month for BOTH line rental , and BB)

I mean I am sure that we won't be getting 100MB around here anytime soon and I can understand that, but considering we have been with BT for a few years there kind of isn't a reason why we can't get the full package, just seems they don't want to work things out - and should be getting swapped over to Sky Broadband tomorrow.
I know my area can support higher than what BT is currently giving me.. my sister who lives 1 minute away normally gets around 17mb of the speed - so mine shouldn't be much worse. (I'm closer to exchange anyway :p)

philwil

I would advise caution when signing up to anything with VirginMedia. Numerous friends and family members are with them, or more commonly, used to be. On average those who've had problems of one kind or another outweigh the happy customers by an average of 5 to 1.

sanj

Just recieved my HD superhub from Virgin today,it's another item of hardware i've been selected to test over the next few day's,it's basically the modem/Gigabit/wireless rolled into one unit and it's a virgin rebranded unit made by netgear,let's see how good it is!My service from Virgin has been excellent so far,just a shame other's have'nt been so lucky.

JSG10

Expert
Or if its really really good, don't, as we'll all be jealous! Lol only let us know if its crap XD

sanj

Sorry guy's but the superhub is perfect!Gone are the inconsistant speed drop's,and it look's beautiful,instalation was done in a matter of min's,one call to get it activated and away I went,the hub support's speed's of upto 400mb,and rumour's are 200mb is already floating about on the network so I might get lucky again!Being a trailist for the 100mb the superhub was given to me free(£50 otherwise)and instalation and activation(£40 otherwise)was done by myself as anybody can do it,but I would be a little angry as Virgin media want to charge all customer's for the Hub and instalation,all running fine here with no problem's with contant download's at 13000kb/sec.:)

Sleinous

Author Level
Sorry guy's but the superhub is perfect!Gone are the inconsistant speed drop's,and it look's beautiful,instalation was done in a matter of min's,one call to get it activated and away I went,the hub support's speed's of upto 400mb,and rumour's are 200mb is already floating about on the network so I might get lucky again!Being a trailist for the 100mb the superhub was given to me free(£50 otherwise)and instalation and activation(£40 otherwise)was done by myself as anybody can do it,but I would be a little angry as Virgin media want to charge all customer's for the Hub and instalation,all running fine here with no problem's with contant download's at 13000kb/sec.:)

This makes me sick :( People that already have insane download speeds get insaner speeds rofl. Then there's us nublets still stuck on telephone lines that pre-date WW2.

JSG10

Expert
Yeah it is a bit unfair really. Its going to take them forever to get to my area because I'm mostly surrounded by OAPs and most of them are still looking for the "any" key on bootup. XD

koe

Banned
I heard bout it ere...
Don't post link's to malicious site's Koe,you've been warned.

Last edited by a moderator: