GeForce GTX Titan coming by the End of Feb

tom_gr7

Life Serving
its probably gonna be hard to come by like the 690, so it will probably be whatever they can get their hands on

yeah i'd guess that mate, but eventually it wouldn't be too hard to get hold of one.

I probably wouldn't invest in one, mainly due to having a sandy cpu and no Pci-e 3.0 support. With the card being so extreme I'd expect i'd lose some potential power.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeah i'd guess that mate, but eventually it wouldn't be too hard to get hold of one.

I probably wouldn't invest in one, mainly due to having a sandy cpu and no Pci-e 3.0 support. With the card being so extreme I'd expect i'd lose some potential power.

PCIe3 really has no advantage still, I found benchmarks a while back of the 690 on PCIe2 and PCIe3.0 and there was only a couple of fps difference (nothing when you consider the amount of frames it was getting)

but its supposedly the same price as the 690 and slightly less processing power, I dont see much point in that, unless it has quite a bit less power consumption

Outerarm

I see you can now include 6GB GTX Titan cards in your PCS spec... more expensive that the 690 by £38...

Bsrz

Rising Star
does this mean that we can now order a custom pc with one or two in and it will come within a week or so??

steaky360

does this mean that we can now order a custom pc with one or two in and it will come within a week or so??

As toxophilix has said, unfortunately these will be purchased on order and I doubt PCS will hold many in stock (if any). Fast-track will be unavailable.

steaky360

Interestingly evga have these on their US/EU site (notify only currently) but they are $999.99 and €999.99 respectively which is roughly £654 and £864 respectively - now I'm not sure what the politics of it all is but it seems we Europeans are getting ripped off!

I guess I'm showing my naivety :sorcerer:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Interestingly evga have these on their US/EU site (notify only currently) but they are $999.99 and €999.99 respectively which is roughly £654 and £864 respectively - now I'm not sure what the politics of it all is but it seems we Europeans are getting ripped off!

I guess I'm showing my naivety :sorcerer:

I had a look online and found them going for around 830 quid pre order. I'd never pay that much for a gpu unless I had a extremely high end PC and a near unlimited budget... :(

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
cheapest ive found is £825 and ive found a 680 for £359, id much rather 2 of those tbh, i really dont see the point in this Titan

steaky360

Its more showing off technology for technology's sake I think. It is going to get blown out of the water eventually by the 780 or something like it.

I'm glad nVidia is still trying to innovate, but I guess the Titan may not really be innovation.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I would consider it amazing innovation if it was a lot more powerful than the 680, whilst having half the power consumption and only take a single slot, but that won't really happen for a few years, although they probably already have the technology

I guess that the architecture for the 600 series was pretty innovative, much more powerful whilst being cooler and lower power consumption

tom_gr7

Life Serving
But really, as long as you can get 60fps on settings you want, an upgrade isn't required at all! Whilst it would be cool to own a 800 quid gpu, in reality my 580's are still more than good enough.