GeForce GTX Titan coming by the End of Feb

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
Seems to me that it's a converted directly from the US price, I should expect to see a much higher price tag if it arrives in the UK

Outerarm

bah, does this mean I should not buy a 690 and hold off my PC purchase until this comes out?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I assume they'll add on good old tax after the US price. Probably going to be at least £700+ in the UK.

Rakk

The Awesome
bah, does this mean I should not buy a 690 and hold off my PC purchase until this comes out?

No, cos in march/april the 700 series is rumoured coming out, and then you'll be waiting for that, then by the time that comes out, something else will be rumoured to come out, then something else, then something else, then something else - you get the idea, so basically you'd end up waiting forever for the next newest uber-est thing and never end up getting your PC.

Outerarm

No, cos in march/april the 700 series is rumoured coming out, and then you'll be waiting for that, then by the time that comes out, something else will be rumoured to come out, then something else, then something else, then something else - you get the idea, so basically you'd end up waiting forever for the next newest uber-est thing and never end up getting your PC.
So true... Guess I'd better finalise the spec and get the tin ordered :)

Rakk

The Awesome
No, cos in march/april the 700 series is rumoured coming out, .

oooohhh is it?

I think so, but so far its seems to be rumours and speculation, not official dates yet so obviously it could change - me and my boss were trying to find out when the 700 series was coming out but as I say we didn't find official dates - yep my boss is a PC gamer as well :)

I'm planning on getting a new PC mid year sometime so I'm hoping the 700's will be out by then (mid year will be when this PC is 3 years old, and at that point I can justify getting a new PC).

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Got to agree with Rakk,there's always going to be something new on the horizon far as technology is concerned,so why put it off,that could go on forever. :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
True guys, but say if you just bought a new 680 for 400 quid, then a few months later the new 780 comes out with higher performance, less power draw and similar pricing.

Outerarm

As I've recently ordered a new rig with a 690... Is this really coming out at the end of the month? And how does it compare to a single 690? Looking at the following slide

nvidia_geforcetitan_4.jpg

I guess a single 690 will still outperform a single Titan, though a SLI Titan config would blow a 690 out of the water.

Everon

Enthusiast
Some sites saying $999 USD??! :hammer:

Think i will save my dosh for one of the next gen consoles at the end of the year. Thanks NVidia but no thanks.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
As I've recently ordered a new rig with a 690... Is this really coming out at the end of the month? And how does it compare to a single 690? Looking at the following slide

I guess a single 690 will still outperform a single Titan, though a SLI Titan config would blow a 690 out of the water.

It's the fastest single GPU but performance does not match the dual GPU 690 card...