Witcher 3

sted

Rising Star
Already? I haven't even played the first! Haha - I don't particularly want to, though. I'll be getting 2 though and if 3 catches my eye, too I might get it.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
[video=youtube;TZ_G6XiHoUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TZ_G6XiHoUA&list=PLf-QZNCg8OAY9-uVPt-RGEmlryyg-pnpD[/video]

Cricky

Enthusiast
First 2 games were excellent, though the fighting took a bit to get used to. Stories were superb. I pre-ordered Witcher 3 from GOG as soon as it was available. I wanted my money to go to CD Projeckt RED as they loyalty they've shown to their customers is second to none. Free copies of the enhanced editions of the first 2 games from GOG if you owned the originals. Not many others would do that.

Oh and if you can't wait you should pick up the novels the games are based on. Very good stories.

mishra

Rising Star
agree , agree, agree... this is going to be the best game of 2015 ! ... and I really hope the postponed release will only make the game better!
This game is class on it's own and if any of you never played this... I strongly recommend. World seem to went crazy about Skyrim... but in my books Skyrim was not even half as good.

Reading novels is a must... but I don't think they translated all books yet (or did they?). I'm spoiled as I read them all in native language ^^

Cricky

Enthusiast
Interesting. Thanks. :). Well they seem to be translating them faster so hopefully should have books 4 and 5 over the next few years.

TV series and movie? :eek:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I liked 2 (never played 1), but I didn't think it was the most amazing game ever. Will probably wait til 3 has been out a bit.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey guys,

The Wicher 3 System requirements are out and here they are

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Source : http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-system-requirements-announced/

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I notice a lot of games now recommending the I7 over the I5.

I wonder if it really makes that much of a difference. If it did i would consider upgrading my I5 to the I7, not that im struggling to run anything at the moment.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
But if that's true, a mod would have to go through every Sales Advice thread regarding gaming computers where people have said "I5 is plenty for gaming"! THE HORROR!

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
True, All the video reviews from the likes of LinusTech tips etc suggest that there is very little difference or benefit between the I5 and I7 for gaming, he was getting results of about 1FPS difference between all the CPU's which could also vary between runs i would have though.