The easy way to post your specification to our forums!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
When configuring a new computer/laptop on our website you can easily post your selected specification to our forums.

Once you've created your specification, click the "Proceed" button and on the next page, click the "Post to Forum" button. There you can copy the specification and click the link to follow through and post your specification on the relevant sales advice thread for desktops, laptops or mini PC's.

UPDATE: From 14th June 2012 when using this facility the specification you configure will also be saved so that it can easily be loaded back into our configurator for future tweaking, also making it easier to order!

forum_link.jpg

Last edited:

LDUK

Master Poster
Wow, now that is awesome and genius! And people think sliced bread was a good idea! I like this!

essjayar

Yeah, I did it too, and I've already thought of problems:

What if your quote is worse than the next persons?

Don't post the price is my advice.... just the spec lol. And "special instructions" - didn't notice if that bit was included, but I put "leave in neighbours or phone xxxxx" gulp :)

mood3rd

I agree. but I just copied & pasted it straight into an email & did the same into a rich text document, for me to keep, for future reference.

robnew

Bronze Level Poster
Nice, I done did that, to buy next week so lets see if there are any last minute changes noted

Pheori

Hi,

I'm looking for a laptop with good real-time music processing (Ableton Live 9) and wondering if this build will be ok in terms of CPU temps. Thinking of going for the 8700 as it appears to be cooler than the 7700, 8600k and 8700k with good speeds too what do you reckon. Stick with the 8700?

Chassis & DisplayOctane Series: 15.6" Matte 4K IPS LED Widescreen (3840x2160)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700 (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache (Pre-Order Only)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 OC 1480 MHz - 6.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
M.2 SSD Drive500GB WD Blue™ 3D NAND M.2 SSD (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)

Adding the extra thermal paste too...

Looking forward to your thoughts

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I'm looking for a laptop with good real-time music processing (Ableton Live 9) and wondering if this build will be ok in terms of CPU temps. Thinking of going for the 8700 as it appears to be cooler than the 7700, 8600k and 8700k with good speeds too what do you reckon. Stick with the 8700?

Chassis & DisplayOctane Series: 15.6" Matte 4K IPS LED Widescreen (3840x2160)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700 (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache (Pre-Order Only)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 OC 1480 MHz - 6.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
M.2 SSD Drive500GB WD Blue™ 3D NAND M.2 SSD (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)

Adding the extra thermal paste too...

Looking forward to your thoughts

If you create a new thread and post your full specs as outlined in this thread, then someone will be able to help you. Also post your max budget.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Unfortunately, you don't. Makes it very annoying when you have done a spec for someone and because a part is listed with the hard out of stock warning instead of the soft out of stock warning PCS sometimes do, you can't post it.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
FWIW if anyone did post a spec with an RTX graphics card the feedback would almost certainly be "wait for benchmarks" and "it's not worth fine tuning the rest of the spec until closer to purchase time". So even if you could do it, you might not get much out of the exercise!