Show me your chair!

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Slightly unusual this one. I want to see what chair you sit on at your PC.

Here's mine:

qq7gg9.jpg

10747ma.jpg

If you think this provides me with a source of constant back pain, you'd be absolutely right.

Unforuntely there isn't room for anything else - the desk is in the living room and the GF simply won't allow it. I miss living alone sometimes.

Rakk

The Awesome
Gawd that looks uncomfortable for gaming!
Tell your GF that you need a better chair unless she wants to have to do everything in a few years when you have back-pain and can't cos you werent allowed a better seat :)

Edit: though I would be careful, for she may just turn round and tell you not to game as much!

Last edited:

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Exactly! I can't wait to get my own study/man cave and lock myself away in it with a comfy leather reclining seat... mmm...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
That...looks...HORRENDOUS!

I've just had a procession of swivel chairs, from the rubbish office style ones to my current "real" leather high backed oojimaflip :)

Its a bit tatty now though (that "real" leather does wear through after a while) so might invest in a fancy executive style all-singing all-dancing chair...because, well, you know, gaming is serious business :)

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
My back hurts just looking at that chair lol

I'll post a pic of mine later but its just a cheap leather chair.
Will get a better one eventually but just spent over a £1000 on building a new gaming rig so im broke for months :D

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Here is my chair...still in the spare room until I build my new rig next week and put it in the living room

Not the best but for under £30 its decent until I can afford a better one

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Here is my chair...still in the spare room until I build my new rig next week and put it in the living room

Not the best but for under £30 its decent until I can afford a better one

Mine looks identical to this. Cheap one from argos! It's okay but the arms mean I can't get properly under my desk space while gaming so I'm always sat a bit slouched.

Used to have a leather bucket seat type chair which was awesome and didn't have any arms so you could tuck right under the desk. All the upholstery started to rip though and it became habit to pick at it to make it worse. Would like to get another one though! Only problem was your bum was wedged into these little slats which meant you couldn't really adjust position other than perfectly upright x)

Wait wait wait, I want this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Office-Fitn...TF8&qid=1369148751&sr=8-8&keywords=desk+chair

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Mine looks identical to this. Cheap one from argos! It's okay but the arms mean I can't get properly under my desk space while gaming so I'm always sat a bit slouched.

Used to have a leather bucket seat type chair which was awesome and didn't have any arms so you could tuck right under the desk. All the upholstery started to rip though and it became habit to pick at it to make it worse. Would like to get another one though! Only problem was your bum was wedged into these little slats which meant you couldn't really adjust position other than perfectly upright x)

Wait wait wait, I want this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Office-Fitn...TF8&qid=1369148751&sr=8-8&keywords=desk+chair

Yeah this one is from Asda online but likely to be the same chair just rebranded

Tried it with my desk (in the pic also) and it seems to fit well under it and decent for gaming hopefully.
I was going to be sat on a wooden stool until the missus agreed another £30 was ok to spend after the £1000+ haha

So im thankful for that!

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Compared to mine yours looks like you died and went to chair heaven.

haha that's true.

No way of getting a cheap one like mine and storing it somewhere until you need to use it?

I presume that chair is one from those dining sets that are shaped like a square and sit close to the table?
Quite like them but not for gaming id imagine!

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
haha that's true.

No way of getting a cheap one like mine and storing it somewhere until you need to use it?

I presume that chair is one from those dining sets that are shaped like a square and sit close to the table?
Quite like them but not for gaming id imagine!

Yup - that's the one! Ikea's finest! Unfortunately we're really down on storage at the mo. I think I'm gonna wait until we get a bigger place and buy one then. To be honest, I just want to ditch the bed in the spare room and turn it into a study. But we use it for guests quite a lot. Perhaps she would comprimise with a futon....

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Just like your favourite teddy that was all worn and raggedy, I think the best way to describe that chair is "well loved" :)

(And don't anyone extrapolate any deeper meaning from that with regards to anything crude, or modifying the use of the word "love" in relation to the activities conducted on a PC or laptop...You know who you are!!DM)

Last edited:

sted

Rising Star
Mine is quite old now.. I need a new one, really. Had a quick look a while ago, but couldn't really seem to find many, though at this point, I only remember checking Tesco's home stuff (there were other sites!), and a new desk, but most I've come across look like they would fall apart (and far too small to fit the Keyboard and monitor on), while costing a hefty amount for what looks like something I could have made in school, or simply too big for my less than generously spaced room.