BURN 'Company' Logo

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I was talking with a lad at work a couple of weeks ago about doing some graphic design and we toyed with the idea of setting up a casual company. We came up with the name 'BURN' after he kept burning himself at work on hot metal, and although we were really just musing I thought I'd knock up a logo. This was inspired by a tutorial I saw a few years ago due to the name we'd chose so I thought it would be good to have a crack at it last night.
Nothing will come of it but I quite like it so thought I'd share it.

BurnGraphicDesign_zpsb3899103.jpg~original

ChrisByatt

Silver Level Poster
It looks great! One issue you would have if it came to use it is the flames on a lighter background - you'd have to come up with an alternative I think. It's very cool though - nice realistic effect!

Boozad

Prolific Poster
It looks great! One issue you would have if it came to use it is the flames on a lighter background - you'd have to come up with an alternative I think.

I'll have a work on that, good point.

I did have my first real order today, updating the header for a website I built for a friend's business a while ago. He made his own header from Word and wanted something along the same lines but a bit more 'professional' looking. Had a couple of hours on it tonight.

Original:

Polished up:

And after some consultation with the site owner after the initial remake:

Last edited:

LFFPicard

Godlike
I really wish I was good at Graphics Design, I am relied on at work to do artwork in Indesign and Photoshop, I just get by but can't do anything from scratch!

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I really wish I was good at Graphics Design, I am relied on at work to do artwork in Indesign and Photoshop, I just get by but can't do anything from scratch!

There are some really good tutorials out there for CS2 upwards (one pretty much covers all, at least up to 4 anyway), have a go at some and hone your skills. I've been messing with CS2 for years and have just picked up some really good tips and techniques from reading tutorials and putting them into practice. When you have an hour spare have a play and put others' techniques to use, the more you use it the better you'll get.
For what it's worth I still use CS2, I did get CS4 but it just didn't feel the same as CS2, probably just because of how used to it I was.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Well I did do a snow effect for Xmas with the company logo, didn't look too bad to be honest. Never got used though :)

logo4_2_large_1000dpi SNOW.jpg

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Here's the latest one, a simplistic logo for a local tradesman's business.

And a bit of a variation playing on the plumbing aspect.

Last edited:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
The headlights were actually the hardest part of the logo. There are about ten layers on them just to get that effect, and the light shards were all hand 'drawn'. I was quite pleased with the final piece.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I tried to find some of my old stuff to stick up, but all I have is the banner I was gonna do for PCS and I'm not sure if I can show you that sooo... they're not using it anyway, I didn't have enough time unfortunately.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I have done some stuff for PCS but I haven't posted that for the same reasons as you mate, I don't know if it can be shown or not.