bigben

Master Poster
I don't, couldn't afford him.
Starting from the back I have:
Lloris
Cole a, clichy, jagielka, shawcross
Bale, mata, Dempsey
Jelavic, giroud, dzeko
Subs were just the cheapest I could get.

EDIT: Just heard a rumour that Clint Dempsey is moving to MLS. :/

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I'll tag in guys, already joined one with people at my last work so hopefully I can just tag that team in.

Man U all the way. Built my team around RVP, pretty much had to spend 4 million on the rest of them :D

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Anyone know how to make substitutes? I through in Dempsey as I wildcard but he's buggered off to Seattle Sounders :(

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Anyone know how to make substitutes? I through in Dempsey as I wildcard but he's buggered off to Seattle Sounders :(

Subs or Transfers? He should automatically be moved onto your bench once the 'Gameweek 1' is over as he hasn't played (so it should automatically sub in somebody from your bench who did play). If you mean transfers, then hit the transfers tab and get rid of him and bring somebody new in. I think you get 1 free transfer per gameweek.

Why in God's name was Mata not playing yesterday??

No clue in the world! My whole team is based around RVP, Mata and Michu. RVP did well, Michu played well but obviously lost against united and then Mata didn't play?! Think I'm gonna have to transfer him out this week, Morinho is not consistent enough with his team selection and I can't see Mata regularly playing a full 90 mins of football this season.

Lobizzle

No clue in the world! My whole team is based around RVP, Mata and Michu. RVP did well, Michu played well but obviously lost against united and then Mata didn't play?! Think I'm gonna have to transfer him out this week, Morinho is not consistent enough with his team selection and I can't see Mata regularly playing a full 90 mins of football this season.

There is going to be far too much rotation in the chelsea midfield and attack this season I think, gonna have to make some changes :/.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I think Mata played in the second half for a little bit didn't he?!

Nope, not a single minute. That Van der buchy was playing or whatever his name is! Oscar or Hazard might have been a better shout for the dream team; although it's still early days! Mata might not be match fit yet or something, he surely can't spend the whole season on the bench with his quality?!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Hopefully Mata will play tomorrow night against Villa, still counts as Gameweek 1 :)

Saying that... I don't really want Chelsea to win 2 games out of 2...

bigben

Master Poster
Just realised I have injured Bale as my captain.. fml
Hopefully Mata plays against Villa and does fairly well, otherwise my midfield got a measly 3 points...

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Bale's gonna be gone, Spurs already spending money that they're gonna get for him from Madrid. Unless they've spontaneously become rich and are building a new team around him to make him stay... But I doubt it.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
As a Villa fan who has Benteke in my main line up, I don't want Chelsea to win. But I also have Mata in (I think, might be getting confused with my other team)... either way, a bit of Mata is great but a Villa win would be better :p

bigben

Master Poster
Bale's gonna be gone, Spurs already spending money that they're gonna get for him from Madrid. Unless they've spontaneously become rich and are building a new team around him to make him stay... But I doubt it.

Hey, you gotta spend the money to be successful and get richer.
IF Bale is gonna go I would rather he went sooner rather than later though. Give AVB a little more time to make a few more quality signings, still want at least 1 more defender and another quality striker to challenge Soldado.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Hey, you gotta spend the money to be successful and get richer.
IF Bale is gonna go I would rather he went sooner rather than later though. Give AVB a little more time to make a few more quality signings, still want at least 1 more defender and another quality striker to challenge Soldado.

Yea I think they've been pretty smart, they've bought players knowing that Madrid want Bale and therefore other clubs haven't really been ripping them off. If they sold Bale for 90mill and then started trying to buy players then everybody would put their prices up by 10-20mill automatically. Same thing as when Liverpool sold Torres for 50m and then stupidly bought Carroll for 35m... But it seems they've pre-empted this and have invested their money early.

I think Spurs with the new signings and Bale would be an epic sight and definitely Champions League favourites (to qualify of course, not to win it...). But then I think if Bale goes Spurs will still be fine because they've invested their money well and rather than have 1 player bigger than the club who could break his leg at any minute, they'll have 4 or 5 quality signings to replace him.

keynes

Multiverse Poster

I hope he will stay for at least one more season and I doubt Madrid are going to pay so much for him. Considering the signings so far (including Willian) I am hoping Spurs get at least 3rd place.

Lobizzle

Unless Daniel Levy has gone completely mental and decided; "bollocks to it, lets just spend some money", after never spending big before, I think it's safe to assume that Bale is leaving for big money.

Without Bale they will still be a better team though, maybe not so evident in their first season as it will take a while for the team to adjust if 4-5 of the players in the first team are new signings, but in one year it is possible for them to be challenging for the title. Arsenal fans beware!!