Cannot access Internet after Reinstalling Windows 7 due to Network Adapter

I bought a PC from here about two months ago and it has been working fine until I installed the last of many mods I wanted to for a game. Even though it was a simple mod, it messed up the game, and I could not reinstall it due to a broken Windows Installer. I was instructed by a member on a game forum to back everything up and reinstall windows, which I did, and it seemed to be working fine until I realised it was not connected to the Internet. It says 'Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver.'
I checked Microsoft Support, and this is what it told me to do http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/fix-network-adapter-problems . I tried to do everything there, but when I did what it said, there was nothing in two of them, and for one the file did not exist.
Am I pretty new to PC troubleshooting etc so can you try and make it relatively easy for me.

The PC is a quite high-spec, using and AMD A10-5800K APU, and is based on an AMD system with Windows 7 64-bit.

Thank you very much if you can help, as it is getting a little frustrating seeing all I want to do is play one game, and I have had endless problems since I started playing.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have you installed all drivers after reinstalling Windows,starting with the motherboard driver disk supplied,this will also install the LAN (ethernet wired) network driver.
If so, check in device manager to see if anythings showing amiss.
to open,type device manager in search box,or
click start/right click "computer"/properties/on the left hand side select "device manager"

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If Windows is not detecting a "properly installed adapter" then you might want to check that the wireless card is properly inserted and that all the relevant plugs and cables are properly inserted too.

If, after doing what vanthus suggests, you still have no network access and there is no device in Device Manager with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark then either you wifi card is (still) not inserted properly or it's faulty.

If Windows is not detecting a "properly installed adapter" then you might want to check that the wireless card is properly inserted and that all the relevant plugs and cables are properly inserted too.

If, after doing what vanthus suggests, you still have no network access and there is no device in Device Manager with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark then either you wifi card is (still) not inserted properly or it's faulty.

Sorry for the late reply. I checked the drivers in Device Manager like Vanthus said, and they were all working properly. I have not reinstalled them because I don't know how to or if I need to.
I forgot to mention in the first post that my PC is connected to the Internet via cables, not WiFi.
In the bottom right the Internet comnectivity icon still has a red x and says 'No connections are available'. What should I do now?
Thank you for the help, you too Vanthus

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Can you open up the PC and make sure everything is connected properly? Especially check that the wireless card is fully home in it's slot (assuming it's on a card and not the motherboard of course).

The error you are getting seems to suggest that the wireless card is not being detected at all, so as I said earlier it's probably either not properly inserted or it's faulty.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
As you're trying to connect using wired ethernet I can't see it being anything to do with a wireless card.
Give this a try,in device manager/network adapters/if you don't have a wireless card there should only be one device,if you do have a wireless card and don't use it,right click on it and disable,it should be obvious which is which,then right click on LAN device(not wireless device) and select uninstall.
Restart computer,windows should recognise the device and reinstall driver,failing this,install the LAN driver from your motherboard disk.
If still no joy,check ethernet cable connections

Last edited:
As you're trying to connect using wired ethernet I can't see it being anything to do with a wireless card.
Give this a try,in device manager/network adapters/if you don't have a wireless card there should only be one device,if you do have a wireless card and don't use it,right click on it and disable,it should be obvious which is which,then right click on LAN device(not wireless device) and select uninstall.
Restart computer,windows should recognise the device and reinstall driver,failing this,install the LAN driver from your motherboard disk.
If still no joy,check ethernet cable connections

I can't seem to do anything you suggested. I think I may have some things missing from my Device Manager. I will post a picture of it so you can see if it looks right or not. Thanks for your help, but still my PC is not working properly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 129

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
How do you do that?
Insert motherboard disk,"open folder to view files" from window that appears,open drivers folder,open LAN folder,run setup.
If auto player doesn't appear when you insert disk,open from "computer",in "computer" right click dvd drive/open.or browse to folder on left hand side.

Last edited:
Insert motherboard disk,"open folder to view files" from window that appears,open drivers folder,open LAN folder,run setup.
If auto player doesn't appear when you insert disk,open from "computer",in "computer" right click dvd drive/open.or browse to folder on left hand side.
When I put in the Motherboard disk, this comes up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 119
Select and install Realtek LAN Driver.

Thanks! This has partly fixed my problem because I can now connect to the Internet, but it is incredibly slow and leggy, which it has not been like before, as this is a brand new PC. I think this is because it is connected to 'Network' which is a public network, not my own broadband. For some reason I cannot disconnect from this or see the other available connections.

Thanks! This has partly fixed my problem because I can now connect to the Internet, but it is incredibly slow and leggy, which it has not been like before, as this is a brand new PC. I think this is because it is connected to 'Network' which is a public network, not my own broadband. For some reason I cannot disconnect from this or see the other available connections.
It actually seems OK now, I will post in this topic if I have any more problems I can't fix. Thank you very much for your help :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
It actually seems OK now, I will post in this topic if I have any more problems I can't fix. Thank you very much for your help :)
Your welcome,but I did post the solution minutes after you first made the thread 2 weeks ago,never mind,it's fixed now and that's the main thing.:)

Last edited: