Swimathon 2014.

Encolpius

Silver Level Poster
Well, I've spent too long over the past 18 months on my backside (a state of affairs for which the Fat Cow below is partly responsible, alas) and as such am now a bit of a Fat (deleted).

Accordingly, I have decided to attempt the Swimathon again next year in April. Basically, it's a 5-kilometre swim for Marie Curie Cancer Care. That's 200 lengths of a 25 metre pool, or 100 lengths of London Fields Lido which is where I do it. I last did it in 2011, when I took 1 hour 56 minutes. I couldn't do it in 2012 as a family thing came up at short notice that weekend and in 2013 I had a bit of a surgical matter which resulted in me being "holed below the waterline" if you know what I mean and thus swimming was off the cards in case the site got infected.

I'll post a link closer to the time when donations become open. Mods, please take note that I accept corporate sponsorship so if you want me to tape a PCS logo to the back of my jammers PM me to work out a deal :p

Is anyone else doing this, or has done this in the past, and if so, please post your times etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Watch your language please,these are family forums.
having said that I would gladly donate to your sponsorship.

Last edited:

Encolpius

Silver Level Poster
Actually, I may have told a slight lie in this thread. Next year it'll be for Sport Relief, not Marie Curie Cancer Care. Last time I did it it was for them, now apparently it isn't.

I'll still do it anyhow.