Just bought Airport Express Base...

Kalisnoir

Super Star
So about a month ago I moved into my student accommodation at University to find that there was no wi-fi and simply just one ethernet port in the wall at the desk. Since I have a MacBook Pro this wasn't much of a problem for all of my other devices as I was able to plug the ethernet into my Mac and then create a Wi-Fi network from my to share my internet with everything (iPhone, Nexus 7 and PS3). Although this was great for a short while I was annoyed that I couldn't move my Mac from my desk so today I decided I would go out and buy an Airport Express along with some decent speakers (Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II) so that I could use AirPlay with them.

Having set everything up I am disappointed to discover that any audio that isn't AAC has a delay of around 2 seconds on it. I can play things from iTunes no problem without a delay (and apparently videos in QuickTime) however my problem is I have a Spotify Premium account so that I don't need to clog up my HDD with more files and I don't need to resort to unethical methods of obtaining or listening to music as it's not fair on the artists (although some could argue Spotify is still unethical).

I have resorted to using a 3rd party app called AirFoil and set the source to be Spotify meaning everything else plays from my laptop. This means I can still watch a quick video on YouTube without a stupid delay and obviously the delay on Spotify isn't really much of a problem and merely an annoyance. Anyway, the whole point in this post is to vent about the stupidity of the design. Obviously Apple are capable of streaming sound without a delay regardless of the format so why not just "fix" it!

Anyone else have an AirPort and feel equally as annoyed?