New Ipad 5th Gen and Mini.

Everon

Enthusiast
Apple just announced the new Ipad 5th Generation which is called the IPad "Air" and the new Ipad mini with retina display which both use the new A7 processor.

Ipad 5th Gen (£399 wifi 16gb): http://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-air/

Ipad Mini with Retina (£319 wifi 16gb): http://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-mini/

New MacBook Pro (from £1,099 and up): http://www.apple.com/uk/macbook-pro/

New Mac Pro (£2,499 and £3,299): http://www.apple.com/uk/mac-pro/

And the new Mac OSX called "Mavericks" is free: http://www.apple.com/uk/osx/

Also the price of the existing Ipad Mini is reduced to $299.

Prices from the UK apple store, check the Apple store UK for other prices for different specs.

Last edited:

Everon

Enthusiast
Personally not to interested in most of it, although I will be getting the new Ipad mini. Been holding off getting one in the hope of it having retina.

Everon

Enthusiast
Misses has a nexus and its ok if you like android, she loves her nexus 7.

I used to have a samsung, but since I got an Iphone 5 I have just preferred the Apple apps over the googleplay store. I was going to get an Ipad a few months back but I thought I would wait till the new one comes out.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Ok fair enough, but Google Play has grown up a huge amount in the past few months and its getting a proper tablet section, so soon there will be more properly designed tablet apps. Although personally I have never had a problem with the apps on my 7" or 10" tablets, landscape or portrait mode.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Even my Apple fanboy mate who would die before badmouthing Apple has admitted these releases are pointless. I think he's just bitter though as he was under the impression his ipad mini already had retina display...

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The retina is such a gimmick, all the apple fanboys think its automatically better than anything else, yet there are lots of screens with much higher PPI than the iPhone and full iPad, and the N7 2013 has 1ppi less than the mini. Its no different

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Aye I know, try telling that to a fanboy though. It's the same old "Your eye can only see so much" debate. Yes it probably can only see detail to a certain level, but you have to assume that more is better just for an all-round image quality.

Same debate with 60hz vs 120hz monitors. Yes, you might not be able to notice individual frame differences past 60fps, but it still feels one heck of a lot smoother.

mishra

Rising Star
I'm loving your arguments.. lets find fifty seven reason why Apple is bad and XY is better.
Most people don't give a flying monkey about your arguments. Everon just let us know what is available and at what price in the "correct" section on the forum. There really is no need to be sour over this.

To mods: Can you please create an Android section on the forum? Some people will just not leave a single thread/comment without crying out loud about their Apple hate. Anyhow I'm out... It's just bad someone trying to give some info to others and then it's all lost to some completely unrelated comments by some frustrates. Peace.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I'm loving your arguments.. lets find fifty seven reason why Apple is bad and XY is better.
Most people don't give a flying monkey about your arguments. Everon just let us know what is available and at what price in the "correct" section on the forum. There really is no need to be sour over this.

To mods: Can you please create an Android section on the forum? Some people will just not leave a single thread/comment without crying out loud about their Apple hate. Anyhow I'm out... It's just bad someone trying to give some info to others and then it's all lost to some completely unrelated comments by some frustrates. Peace.

There is an android section... Calm down mate it was hardly an argument.

I wasn't even specifically hating on Apple, I was actually going to state that companies are releasing products in quick succession nowadays and it's getting ridiculous. For example, I'm due an upgrade on my phone contract. I have a Galaxy S2, I have looked at the current phones and it seems the best pick of the bunch is a Galaxy S4. Now I'd love to get an S4 but it's annoying knowing that in 6 months time an S5 will come out and although it won't make my S4 obsolete, it will become outdated quickly.

So no, I wasn't just blaming apple, but it does seem that they're one of the main culprits for holding back on new technology just so they can release a new product in 6 months time with an "upgraded chip" that they could probably have put in first time round.

Edit: Okay I thought there was an android forum, we must just use the Mobile Phones section. But if nobody cares about our 'arguments' why did you get so worked up about it? Also, how is his useful information lost? It's at the top of the thread.. like the first thing people see when the click on the topic, I don't understand how people can lose that :|

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
No keynes, we have spoken for a while now and this is the first time it's cropped up that you have one!

Now that I know the truth I'll miss talking to you :( Goodbye friend.

Last edited:

kruppsy

Master
iPhone 5S, a gift from the missus :)

Hold it close mate...very close.

I've come to the conclusion girls buy their fellas Apple stuff so they can nick it. Mrs bought me an iPad a year or so ago...she's always on it...and whenever I want a go...batterys flat. I'll get my own back at christmas...Collected War Time Speeches of Winston Churchill on CD....that'll learn her.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster

I've come to the conclusion girls buy their fellas Apple stuff so they can nick it. Mrs bought me an iPad a year or so ago...she's always on it...and whenever I want a go...batterys flat. I'll get my own back at christmas...Collected War Time Speeches of Winston Churchill on CD....that'll learn her.

I think I'll be stealing that :p

keynes

Multiverse Poster

She got an iPad and also an iPhone. She may want me to do more chores at home, it is sweet that she has high expectations of me :)