Need a new car...

bigben

Master Poster
Our sprinter (3 ltr engine) is more fuel efficient than my 1.1ltr c2...
My mates dad has a focus estate. It's really nice

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol, I don't fancy being a white van man hahah.

Asked for either a vectra or a Passat. It just depends what he can get hold off.

I did mention a mondeo, but he didnt have anything positive to say about Fords. So i skipped that one.

pr1s0ner

I've owned a few Mondeo's they've all been unbelievably reliable :)
Cheap to buy, and cheap to maintain :)

bigben

Master Poster
lol, I don't fancy being a white van man hahah.

No problem:
Mercedes-Sprinter-MWB-Green-Large.jpg

Seriously though, being a white van man is mint, you can drive like an idiot and nobody bats an eye.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Pfft, traffic. Owning an AT-AT rather negates the need to have a job, because well, look at it :)

Yeh sorry took this one off the rails...back to cars...uhm...have you thought about a Jaaaaaag?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
oohh, update,

so i might be able to get an 06 Subaru Legacy. 2litre petrol. :)

Not sure of the price yet, but the insurance is pretty cheap £525, with 4 years no claims protected. 8000 miles and 4000buiness miles. I think that is pretty good :)

Although the tax is 280 a year :(

hoping it doesnt guzzle the petrol too.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Nice Tom :) Am I right in thinking they're 4WD?

Apparently the 3.0ltr's are pretty thirsty but you should get about 30-35mpg from the 2.0ltr's. It'll probably feel expensive at first because you'll go for unnecessary drives in it but it should settle down once you've got over the increase of acceleration. I've spent close to £200 in petrol this month in my new car because I can't stop booting it :D Have fun!

bigben

Master Poster
I've spent close to £200 in petrol this month in my new car because I can't stop booting it

What did you get in the end? I'm tempted by a Fiesta ST or Zetec S because I wouldn't have to floor it everywhere I go to keep up with traffic (1.1ltr C2)... I probably still would gas it everywhere though.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
My boss was selling their 2007 2.0i Sport MX-5 for an absolute bargain price (mates rate) so I couldn't pass on the opportunity. Rated as one of the best handling cars no matter the budget and figured I might as well do the two-seat stint now rather than waiting till my 50's. Every option from new ticked, Bose sound system, leather heated seats, electric folding hardtop, twin tailpipes, full mazda history, only done 30k miles, etc etc. Insurance was only £800 for the year.

Absolute beauty to drive though, I've been taking it out with the roof down even when temperatures have been close to freezing and it's still super toasty in there, only need to have the blowers on about 50%. It just loves to be in the revs though which is why it's burning a hole in my pocket.

And before you say it, I've already asked for this for Christmas: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NO-HAIRDR...IGHT-humorous-vinyl-car-sticker-/400296034014

I almost went for the ST but it was described as 'frantic' on the motorway which isn't ideal for me. I'd go for a new shaped Zetec S if I was given the chance though, the older ones are pretty nice too but tend to have too much of a boy-racer image for my liking, plus the newer shape seems like a 'bigger' and more sturdy car than the old ones do.

bigben

Master Poster
Hahah that bumper sticker is great!
Sounds pretty nice but it's like fat girls, great until your mates find out..

Yeah I only like the new shape fiestas. Don't really get the difference between the different ones though..

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Aha my mates had some banter but a few of them have MK1 MX-5's anyway and then once they'd had a go in mine they were on Autotrader trying to find ones just like it. The Bose system is absolutely immense as well, I always have to mute it as the car is like physically thumping and then I realise it's just the music.

Different between the trims is just spec really. All the same engine, etc. I would go no lower than a Zetec S or Titanium. Zetecs are ok but don't have the lowered suspension or bigger wheels so can look a bit granny-like. Titaniums look very similar to normal Zetecs but have the best spec of the range. But personally I'd go for the Zetec S. It may not have fancy things like cruise control or anything but it'll have slightly lower suspension, bigger wheels (standard Fiesta wheels look tiny!) and then most have some sort of sports styling kit on it and decent seats.

I saw a very nice 60 plate one in white with a black carbon wrapped roof but it was like £9.5k and I couldn't really justify that for a 1.6 Fiesta... :( You'll probably have to spend £6k or £7k to start seeing new shaped Zetec S's though.

P.s. Are you saying my MX-5 handles similar to a night with a fat chick? Not cool man.

bigben

Master Poster
; )

This is pretty smart. Love the colour

Saw the perfect one earlier for 5500 on eBay, was black with tinted black windows. Had a look to see how much I could sell my c2 for and it was gone :(

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
; )

This is pretty smart. Love the colour

Saw the perfect one earlier for 5500 on eBay, was black with tinted black windows. Had a look to see how much I could sell my c2 for and it was gone :(

That's really nice Alex, really smart colour. I'd definitely have one as they are the best looking hatchback out there at the moment. It's just I only paid £6k for my MX-5 and I'd much rather have a RWD 2ltr sports car than a FWD 1.6 hatchback ;)