Need a new car...

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Nice Tom :) Am I right in thinking they're 4WD?

Apparently the 3.0ltr's are pretty thirsty but you should get about 30-35mpg from the 2.0ltr's. It'll probably feel expensive at first because you'll go for unnecessary drives in it but it should settle down once you've got over the increase of acceleration. I've spent close to £200 in petrol this month in my new car because I can't stop booting it :D Have fun!

yeah it is 4WD, I'll be laughing when it starts snowing. yeah he said it would do about 30-35mpg with the 2.0ltr which is apparently similar to what my little Ibiza will be doing at the moment. Yeah Can't wait to go for those drives, its gonna be a big step up from my current car. Going to view it on Saturday. Tempted to get some of those super bright LED lights that the BMW and Audi drivers have...

tom_gr7

Life Serving
What, you mean those douche bags that blind me because I'm low enough to be sat directly in line with the beam? :mad:

yep, those exact guys.

Come flying up behind you... expect you to pull over out of their way? but you don't.. you just sit at 70 to wind them up, occasionally spraying your windsrceen?

bigben

Master Poster
What, you mean those douche bags that blind me because I'm low enough to be sat directly in line with the beam? :mad:

They blind me too and I've not exactly got a low ride in my C2.

yep, those exact guys.

Come flying up behind you... expect you to pull over out of their way? but you don't.. you just sit at 70 to wind them up, occasionally spraying your windsrceen?

Maybe I should get some of those lights because that's how I drive - 61bhp ftw lol. You are just the worst kind of person.

Deklore

Bright Spark
Just got myself a new Mazda 6. Lovely stuff :)

I got one of those (2010 Sport model). Great car, brilliant to drive and tons of space. Unfortunately im looking to change it as up my way it snows alot during the winter and i could be doing with a 4x4. I'll miss the speed though 193bhp makes overtaking a breeze. :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I got one of those (2010 Sport model). Great car, brilliant to drive and tons of space. Unfortunately im looking to change it as up my way it snows alot during the winter and i could be doing with a 4x4. I'll miss the speed though 193bhp makes overtaking a breeze. :)

Nice! Which engine is the 193bhp one? I thought they only went up to 185 unless you've had it remapped?

Deklore

Bright Spark
Nice! Which engine is the 193bhp one? I thought they only went up to 185 unless you've had it remapped?
Ahh sorry, my bad. You are right Grimezy Sport went up to 185bhp and now the newer models they go up to 180bhp i believe.
Dunno why i had 193 in my head... Could have got it mixed up with the 163bhp engine or maybe its what i wished it would be (theres no such thing as too much bhp!). ;)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Haha easy mistake! I do like the 6's though and just Mazdas in general. My MX-5 is 160bhp but it flies as there's nothing to it weight-wise. Has to be high up in the revs though as there's no low down torque at all! Would love to get it on an empty runway so I could see what it can do, if I take it up to the red line it's doing 80 by the time I'm changing out of 3rd :(

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Forget this sporty nonsense, I've gone for the 150ps 2.2l diesel that does 72mpg combined:p

Had a Golf GTI once but I do 16000 miles a year and it just made me cry filling it up at the petrol station every week so now I just get as economical a car as possible to save fuel bills.

Will still look sexy though... killing me to wait for it though (pickup date is 19th January hopefully). It's like waiting for a PCS computer...

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
And this is the exact model and colour, mmm:

Mazda 6.jpg

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
150bhp 2.2 diesel will have plenty of low/mid-range torque so that'll still feel quick, it might just not have a lot at the top end (which realistically you'll never use anyway) :)

I remember I drove a Citreon DS4 a few months ago. Looked awful on paper; 1.6 diesel, 110bhp, 8v engine, big heavy car. It didn't half accelerate though and could even chuck you back in your seat a bit which I was surprised at. Obviously once you got past the initial acceleration there was very little power left towards the top of the revs but it was still a very capable car and had obviously been aimed at being economical. I'd have no problem using one as a motorway muncher so I'm sure your Mazda will be fab!

Deklore

Bright Spark
Yeah i drove my dads 150bhp 2.5TD C-Class a few times a while back. We would load it up full of heavy stuff and it still had the grunt to overtake when needed.
But at the same time i had a Citreon Saxo VTR 1.6. It was small but would go like a bat out of hell. Its the fastest ive ever driven a car. Was on my way up to Fort William and hit 125mph on a long straight. Needless to say that was many years ago and i am alot more older and responsible now LOL

Nice pic Slim :)

bigben

Master Poster
But at the same time i had a Citreon Saxo VTR 1.6. It was small but would go like a bat out of hell. Its the fastest ive ever driven a car. Was on my way up to Fort William and hit 125mph on a long straight.

Screw doing that in a Saxo!

My brother used to have a rusty old Morris Minor, he took me along a B road at 80mph. Had to be up there as one of the scariest moments of my life, the speedo was bouncing at the top and it felt like it was gonna fall apart. Lol