GOT season 4. SPOILER ALERT

tom_gr7

Life Serving
trailer.

Hope its better than the last season, surprised there is any characters left alive after the mess of the last season.

[video=youtube;Ih3WsEKmID0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ih3WsEKmID0[/video]

Last edited:

steaky360

It's still (apparently) following the books pretty consistently. I've only recently started reading the first book so the tv series is ahead of me.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Haha indeed nathan.

Not read the books (no spoilers here people!), but as long as Daenerys, Arya and Tyrion don't die, I can cope with all the rest :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have enjoyed the previous GOT seasons, although, I did find that I was constantly waiting for something to happen.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I thought season 3 was the best season, finally things started happening and you can totally understand why they did what they did. At the start of season 1, the story was all over the place, you had characters who you only saw briefly for once an episode, it was very difficult to get gripped if you weren't following it properly. This eventually got a bit better but even during season 3 I was a bit confused at times until I started reading the books. Season 4 I think they'll have finally started to streamline the story so that it should be a little more focused. There's effectively only 5 'factions' that the plot is focusing on and then a couple of side-stories like Arya and Bran so I think it will all start to merge together now and become a bit more manageable.

I'm only near the end of the second book though so no idea what's going to happen in the future, there are variations on the book and the series (not massive ones, just things happening that are out of place i.e. Catelyn being with her father a lot before he dies rather than the tv portrayal of her not seeing him before she goes off to Renly, the way Bran meets his Warg friend, etc).

A part of me wants to storm through the books and find out what happens, the other part of me doesn't want to ruin it for myself though. What I would say is it's well worth picking the books up if you enjoy reading. I learnt so much more than I had just by watching the series and even re-watched some of the episodes and picked up tons of stuff I'd missed or just not understood the references.

LFFPicard

Godlike
As long as Emlia Clarke never dies I'll be happy :)

Then you will be pleased to know she plays the new Sarah Conner in the reboot of Terminator :)
Ironicly, her supporting actress in GOT played Sarah Conner in Sarah Conner Chronicles if I remember the article I read about it.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Then you will be pleased to know she plays the new Sarah Conner in the reboot of Terminator :)
Ironicly, her supporting actress in GOT played Sarah Conner in Sarah Conner Chronicles if I remember the article I read about it.

Oooooooo something to look forward to! :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I still think it's funny how Emilia Clarke and Seth MacFarlane dated for like 6 months, I wonder how well he got on with her dragons!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
so, two episodes in...

what do we all think?

I'm enjoying it so far, good news about Geoffrey. Still gutted for the Starks though :(

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Hated Joffrey, SO GLAD he is dead. HOWEVER. He was one of the reasons I liked watching it so much, I hated his guts, but it's a nice change to have a character that is so evil, just pure evil and nothing else!

I am disappointed with how he died. I wanted a much more painful, slow and drawn out death than the one he got.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I won't lie, I actually cheered when he died :) Well played Jack Gleeson, well played :)

Good so far. I'm actually glad I haven't read the books, because I like not knowing what is going to happen. And you have to hand it to Mr Martin...you really have no idea who is going to get knocked off next! :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I won't lie, I actually cheered when he died :) Well played Jack Gleeson, well played :)

Good so far. I'm actually glad I haven't read the books, because I like not knowing what is going to happen. And you have to hand it to Mr Martin...you really have no idea who is going to get knocked off next! :D

hahaha yeah, wonder who is next. Going into that episode i would have never guessed that they would have killed Geoffrey off.

wonder what is going to happen next....

Tom DWC

So, who watched episode 3...?

Watched it last light.

MORE SPOILERS!

Even by Game of Thones standards that was pretty screwed up. By which of course I mean Jaime attempting to rape his own sister next to the corpse of their incest son.

Sometimes I worry about George RR Martin haha.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Apparently it wasn't like that in the book (not read em). Mr Martin even blogged about it being different after being inundated with moody teens :)

Also loved the Metro article implying the series is over because a few people that feel the need to express every emotion via Twitter didn't like the episode :)

I liked it. More Daenerys please!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I liked it. More Daenerys please!

haha yeah, wish she'd go and kill all of nasty lanisters with those dragons.

I do find its like the other seasons though, I'm just waiting for something to happen but only a few interesting events occur each episode. At the end a guy killed a man on a horse....