upgrading a sky multiroom box help?

Bsrz

Rising Star
Hey guys, I am looking into upgrading my sky multiroom HD box to a sky + HD box. Is this possible and if so, Is it as simple as buying a sky + box online and hooking it up?

thanks.

Bsrz

Rising Star
hum but surely there will be no difference between buying a sky + box from eBay and hooking it up myself and buying a sky + box from sky and hooking it up my self? I would use the same viewing card I have the shotgun cable, phone line etc all ready. all I really need is the box in my mind. otherwise why would people sell them if other people cant use them?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You can buy a Sky+HD box from elsewhere and install it yourself,but keep in mind if it's already registered Sky wont pair your card with the box so be careful where you buy from,and I don't think Sky would provide you with any service calls on the box, because it was not supplied or installed by them.
Also in order to receive the full use of the Sky+HD box you will need 2 cables from your sky dish to the box,If not you can change the setting to single feed mode.
You then need to call Sky to get the card & box paired.
http://help.sky.com/tv/set-up-your-sky-tv/set-up-your-sky-box

Last edited:

Bsrz

Rising Star
ah I have the duel feed shotgun cable all ready but I did not consider the box being paired with someones card :l maybe a sky demo box would work around that issue.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
ah I have the duel feed shotgun cable all ready but I did not consider the box being paired with someones card :l maybe a sky demo box would work around that issue.
You should be okay,just not sure I would risk somewhere like ebay though,possibly from Amazon if reviews were positive.